• Age is irrelevant

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
common sense has prevailed "age is irrelevant" winning the poll by a country mile.
I am in my 63rd year and the only bit of knowledge I will impart with is for gods sake look after your self while you have the chance,because when you get to my age you cannot reverse the effects of years of smoking 60 marlbro a day and eating to much animal fat and not finding the right partner.
all of which I have now put right but unfortunately to late to make any difference

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
common sense has prevailed "age is irrelevant" winning the poll by a country mile.
I am in my 63rd year and the only bit of knowledge I will impart with is for gods sake look after your self while you have the chance,because when you get to my age you cannot reverse the effects of years of smoking 60 marlbro a day and eating to much animal fat and not finding the right partner.
all of which I have now put right but unfortunately to late to make any difference

Are you Dick knight ? :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've gone for "age is irrelevent" although in truth "age can be irrelevent" is probably more accurate.

My mother said to me just before she died aged 72 "Inside I still feel sixteen" and that's the trouble, the body is what always does get old

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Age is pretty irrelevent..in most cases.

I am 40 but I have friends from a wide range of ages. I have a few moments of feeling old though; the last time was at a Klaxons gig.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Age is irrelevant - it's how you act and feel that's important.
I know people of 20 who are "old", a mate of mine has been "old" for the entire time I have known him, conversely I know a few 60+s who act their hat size more than their age !!
My mum was 80 when she died but you would have put here at 60 until the last year of her life. Unfortunately she fell and broke her hip and "aged" 20 years in a year.

Last edited:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's all subjective. Luck is the main factor - if you look 50 when you're 20 and lose all your hair and physical fitness it kinda limits things, I guess. Getting ill and snuffing it early could set things back a bit as well - I, for example, have always had a premonition I won't make it past 31, but if I actually knew that it would probably put a really different perspective on things.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Bloody hell US. Please add 80 and 90 to those age groups. You're making me feel that I'm ready to meet my maker. :blush:

Trufflehound you're almost right, but it should say "You are as old as the girl that you feel."

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
As a whippersnapper of 18 in the George at Goring in 1982, the thought of people over 40 going out to a pub was abhorrent.

How times change....:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here