Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How old is NSC?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
with the events of the weekend and the resulting frenzy that is happening on here, a feeling of nostalgia has gripped me. thinking back to when the albion were not the world-beaters we are now gave me memories of the old nsc but i couldn't think how far back this was. when was 'the chat' born and who was responsible for its birth?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Well, it was certainly going by the time of Fans Utd in 1997 - I lurked in those days. But before that?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i think it was slightly earlier although there aren't many real old-timers around anymore...although there are a few who claim provenence a lot longer than seems plausible....1999 for me.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I remember the old NSC which didn't even require registration to post. Ahhhh those were the days.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
tinx said:
I remember the old NSC which didn't even require registration to post. Ahhhh those were the days.

indeed they where . . . you could use and abuse at will . . . .although I didnt realise nerds could clock your IP address, I still dont know how to do that !!!

it used to be a much more work freindly site as well . . .no stup

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
tinx said:
it was all on ip addresses i think. i was a little nipper back then. didn't really know how it all worked. but look at me now!! posting all on my own!
:clap2:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
tommy boy 86 said:
so are the current admin/mods the same as the ones that started or have the powers that be changed over the years?

The mods have certainly changes since the begining, the bunch of kids that do it now are a load of :jester:

Seriously, there was a time when tehre wasnt a mod seen for dust round here, Dave the Eagle was a prime example of that!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Albion Dan said:
The mods have certainly changes since the begining, the bunch of kids that do it now are a load of :jester:

Aw, Dan. You know how to make a crumbly old moderator feel very happy. Or is it a happy one feel very crumbly...?

Albion Rob

I remeber Dave the Eagle used to cut and paste his threads so they were a million miles long and took ages to download.

Good work from Manx Seagull in the first place getting it up and running, but fair play to Bozza too for helping it move on and become even bigger.

I first posted back in 1999 when it looked like we might go up but then lost 13 on the bounce or whatever it was. Have met some good people, had a few shrifts from others but overall always come back because this is by far the most community orientated football board around.

Certainly ets me through the working day.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
i first used to read it in about 1999, i don't think you had to register to post then.

i posted a few times
but then some jester started posting using my name and saying all manner of gay things so i gave up and just read for ages.

dunno how long it was going before that.

also, dunno how i managed to find it. don't know if i was told by someone else or found it in a search engine or what i did!

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I think it was 1995 but this was before I had a computer so can't varify.

Manx ran it up to Xmas 2003 when a huge bandwidth bill crashed through his door.

Boz took it over from there.

It started as part of the "seagull sever" and you can see what that looked like HERE

The links on the NSC bit don't work s there was a server crash in 99 or so and all pages were lost and Manx started a new board and the messages you get when you click on the links are from the new board not the old one.

I think its time for the Seagull Server to come back to life, always liked that title. I think one of the composite links sites should be called that.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I used it in 1997, duting all the Archer/Bellotti campaigning. I remember meeting Gary (Manx) at one of the matches that year, and a couple of times later. Haven't seen him for ages now though. Even in those early days the board had an effect, not least when a spurious "Let's get Archer over Christmas" smokescreen message allegedly led to him having to spend the holidays away from Mellor.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Some good usernames there, "Mr Pissed Off Again", "Mike Robinson's Jock Strap", and that perennial favourite "Bellotti must die".

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
chez said:
Does anyone remember "Dave The Eagle" he was a right tosser. Used to flood the board with multiple messages

yeah, palarse scum. he used to come in here when the message board had it's old format.
weren't he related to eddie the eagle, always on the piste?
:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here