• 40-49

Votes: 33 19.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Over 60

Votes: 7 4.1%

• Total voters

Lord Bracknell said:
Trust me, it's not as good as it was when I was 19.

We had peace, free orange juice, free milk, free health care, no prescription charges, rock and roll, free education for as long as you wanted it, student grants for everyone, massive public spending on community facilities, easy access to employment, unemployment benefit if you couldn't be bothered, a guaranteed final salary pension for anyone who took one of the millions of jobs in the public sector, beer at two shillings a pint, the Isle of Wight festivals, Jimi Hendrix performing in Brighton, episodes of Monty Python that you hadn't seen before, and only a short time to wait before we'd be going down the Shoreham Road to watch the Albion playing the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United.

Rose tinted glasses hey Lord B?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
pasty said:
According to "8 out of 10" on tv last week, there is an on-the-spot £80 fine for buying alcohol for minors.
:ohmy: :eek: :ohmy:

Wrong that is for those that drink under age. The fine for buying it is up to £5,000 for selling it the fine is up to £10,000 for the barman and £20,000 for the personal licence holder. This is as per the Licencing Act 2005.
16 year olds can now consume WINE only with a meal. Only wine nothing else.

I suggested at my course that an 18 year old boy could buy his 16 year old girlfriend 3 bots of wine with her burger and chips. The answer was no she can only drink it if she has food infront of her. So I suggested the girl has a burger and chips with salad garnish and eats the burger and chips and just picks at the garnish eating a little every 30 mins but always leaving some on the plate whilst still consuming wine, and was told that is Ok but the tutor doubted that 16 year old girls would bother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The proof of selling alcohol to an under 18 is the fact that they are drinking it that is sufficent evidence under the act to prosecute the bar staff.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
14 yrs 234days

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
BensGrandad said:
Wrong that is for those that drink under age.

Jeez - do you disagree with everything anyone says ?

On The Spot fine

"The group is launching a campaign highlighting £80 on-the-spot fines for "proxy purchasing". The £80 penalty notices for selling alcohol to under-18s, or buying it for them, were introduced in November 2004."

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm 26 according to my birth certificate, 19 based on my maturity level, and about 85 the way my knees and elbows feel after a game of footie.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
AMelbourneAlbionSupporter said:
Rose tinted glasses hey Lord B?

All correct, although we did have to wait another 11 years for the top level of football.

Dandyman

In London village.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
BensGrandad said:
Wrong that is for those that drink under age. The fine for buying it is up to £5,000 for selling it the fine is up to £10,000 for the barman and £20,000 for the personal licence holder. This is as per the Licencing Act 2005.
16 year olds can now consume WINE only with a meal. Only wine nothing else.

Wrong.

First of all, there is no Licensing Act 2005, it's 2003.

People aged 16 or 17 are permitted to purchase and/or consume beer, wine or cider with a meal as per Section 149, Subsection 5 of the Licensing Act 2003:

(4) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply where-

(a) the individual is aged 16 or 17,
(b) the alcohol is beer, wine or cider,
(c) its consumption is at a table meal on relevant premises, and
(d) the individual is accompanied at the meal by an individual aged 18 or over.

Yoda

English & European
Hiney said:
Oh my GOD

I could have been ARRESTED for buying you a Guinness on Saturday!

I'm 46 by the way

:lolol:

Shouldn't worry. You're not the first. I got one in for him at the pre season freindly @ Worthing last summer. :D

I'm 26 btw. :drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Grendel said:
Wrong.

First of all, there is no Licensing Act 2005, it's 2003.

People aged 16 or 17 are permitted to purchase and/or consume beer, wine or cider with a meal as per Section 149, Subsection 5 of the Licensing Act 2003:

(4) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply where-

(a) the individual is aged 16 or 17,
(b) the alcohol is beer, wine or cider,
(c) its consumption is at a table meal on relevant premises, and
(d) the individual is accompanied at the meal by an individual aged 18 or over.

Phew, John Boy had some pizza when Ned bought him a beer.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
20, My 21st is in April on the 10th annivesary of the York City match :drink: :drink: :drink:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here