Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How "must win" is the Sheffield United game?

How much of a must win is the Sheffield United game?

• 1 - the result doesn't really matter

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 8 3.6%

Votes: 12 5.4%

Votes: 15 6.7%

Votes: 29 12.9%

Votes: 59 26.3%

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • 10 - We *MUST* win

Votes: 73 32.6%

• Total voters

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As the club evolves certain games gain extra importance, IMHO in the current situation and where we sit before Xmas, this is one of the most important games in our time in the top flight.
Many describe Sheffield Utd as a Championship side in the EPL, anything less than an impressive win and all three points this lunchtime will be a disaster.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
6. In reality, it’s probably lower but failing to take maximum points again would raise wording questions. There’d still be plenty of time to address them though.

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
Well surely everyone will say that... and surely Sheff Utd won’t be on 1pt all season. There going to get a few wins somewhere.

Again, this is not “definitely a 10” must win.

A 10 must win would be win or you’re relegated.

Nahhhh, it is a 10.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So what happens now we didn’t win a must win ? Must be some serious consequences right ?

Yes, the club has decided it will leave walk-over in the upcoming two thirds of the season as there is no longer a point to keep going. Either that or the word "must" must have lost its meaning somewhere along the road.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So what happens now we didn’t win a must win ? Must be some serious consequences right ?

Ultimately the system today didn’t work, too much inflexibility and too little desire until it was virtually too late. As a fan it’s hard to fathom, as a chairman the team are playing the way he wants ...

I say again, the club will back GP - we’re not into sackings mid season. he’d be a fool to resign.

I’m down, but accept hammering my keyboard in frustration will achieve little.

Statistics favour GP match by match, yet paradoxically they may also be his downfall when you look at wins ... yes it’s that bit that’s starting to look rather flimsy.

Massive sigh.

I’m not sure where we’re going but it’s not looking like the progress we’d hoped for is going to suddenly materialise...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ultimately the system today didn’t work, too much inflexibility and too little desire until it was virtually too late. As a fan it’s hard to fathom, as a chairman the team are playing the way he wants ...

I say again, the club will back GP - we’re not into sackings mid season. he’d be a fool to resign.

I’m down, but accept hammering my keyboard in frustration will achieve little.

Statistics favour GP match by match, yet paradoxically they may also be his downfall when you look at wins ... yes it’s that bit that’s starting to look rather flimsy.

Massive sigh.

I’m not sure where we’re going but it’s not looking like the progress we’d hoped for is going to suddenly materialise...

It's all a bit strange really - Tony and his stat-driven approach will see things are 'going OK'. I haven't checked yet but I expect our XG was much better than SUs today as it usually is, and I saw a table midweek ranking teams on cumulative XG for and against - we were 5th - so it's not all wrong, but the real table doesn't reflect that and that's all that matters in the end. Watching today the thing that did look wrong was the ponderousness of us going forward, and how static the strikers were when we did - almost hanging as a group of 2 or 3 on the edge of the box without any movement. Decisions to be made - do we stick with what we're doing and expect the stats to start to show what might be expected or do something different ?

Massive sigh just about sums it up at the moment.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's all a bit strange really - Tony and his stat-driven approach will see things are 'going OK'. I haven't checked yet but I expect our XG was much better than SUs today as it usually is, and I saw a table midweek ranking teams on cumulative XG for and against - we were 5th - so it's not all wrong, but the real table doesn't reflect that and that's all that matters in the end. Watching today the thing that did look wrong was the ponderousness of us going forward, and how static the strikers were when we did - almost hanging as a group of 2 or 3 on the edge of the box without any movement. Decisions to be made - do we stick with what we're doing and expect the stats to start to show what might be expected or do something different ?

Massive sigh just about sums it up at the moment.

That’s it - brilliantly illustrated, but he can’t hide from the wins column forever... he needs to take some responsibility.

I said elsewhere, the tactical setup or general ethos is good - the coaching not so, on the evidence thus far and on the basis of practice making perfect.

If I were head coach, (again) I’d be embarrassed this evening.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
It's certainly a must not lose game , I'll wager we have at least 4 gilt edge chances to score to their 1 and it will still be a close game .

Maupay looks shot to bits and it wouldn't surprise me to see Connolly start with Welbeck tomorrow, we simply have to start converting our magnificent XG in to real goals or face the drop .

Pretty decent summary of what actually happened to be fair , have you been hacked :lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here