Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much would you have to be paid to take a job in Croydon?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Only I have an interview for a job there tomorrow.

Means getting up early, spending lots on a train fare and risking my life on a daily basis.

But I'll never see the same sort of money here in Brighton.

Is it worth it?

And does anyone know where I can buy a decent flick knife?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I've not been drinking in Croydon since my school days. And I can't imagine I'd like to now either.

So irritating that money dictates these things but I don't know anybody raking it in in Brighton. The reason Amex stays put here is that they can get away with offering piss poor wages to all and sundry which they'd never get away with elsewhere.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Well they haven't given me a job, I just have an interview.

Still, good company, good money, right industry. I shouldn't complain really.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Be positive, you'll get through the interview so long as you don't swear at the interviewers. :thumbsup:

Seriously mate, if they offer you the job then take it! Even if working in Croydon doesn't work out brilliantly for you, if you have a job then you have hope of getting another one back in Brighton, or wherever you prefer.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I'd not considered swearing at the interviewers until you said that.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Could be worst. Wages are not million miles off those in central London, good transport, errm, errm loads of subways, errm trams. Ok i understand your reservations.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
We have loads of Subways here in Brighton.

I'd forgotten about the trams though. I've never used them. Could be fun!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Trams are ok but full of chavvy kids in the summer hols

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I always thought it odd that Ikea has its own tram stop. As if you're going to carry a wardrobe back on a tram

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
150% of what I get in Brighton to cover train fare, extra time spent travelling and having to work in a f***ing toilet like that. On the plus side you might also deprive some pikey of a job in their home town and you won't be putting any money back into the local economy.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I always thought it odd that Ikea has its own tram stop. As if you're going to carry a wardrobe back on a tram

I've used that stop a fair bit. You couldn't carry a wardrobe but it's handy when you've got a few small items.

My first job after leaving uni was in Croydon: I spent a year there and never found a decent place to drink

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I've used that stop a fair bit. You couldn't carry a wardrobe but it's handy when you've got a few small items.

My first job after leaving uni was in Croydon: I spent a year there and never found a decent place to drink

D'oh!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I work in and around Croydon quite a lot, there are plenty of worse places to work and in fact live. It's an easy commute with better public transport facilities than most towns.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well, since you're asking... I have a colleague who is working on two graduate Technical Analyst roles in Croydon, paying £25k. I need Computer Science, Maths or Physics graduates from a decent (red brick) uni with (or expecting a 2:1). It's very near East Croydon Station. I would normally never dream of plugging a role on here, but it might just suit an Albion supporting graduate who lives locally, so apologies in advance!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got the job

:)

:clap:
Congrats fella.
And just enjoy those rolling green hills as you make your way back to Gods own county at the end of each working day. Doesn't matter where you have to go to earn it - its where you come back and spend it that matters.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
I'd take any graduate job in the south-east of england. Irrelevent of how much of a dive, how likely i am to be stabbed or the proximity to Selhurst!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here