Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much would you care if Pompey went bust?

Absolutely right. I find I'm getting increasingly irritated by the well-meaning but clueless types who say "No one wants to see a club go bust". Even worse are the ones who try and draw parallels between Portsmouth today and us back in the 1990s. That's like comparing the deaths of Adolf Hitler and Princess Di. (One of course was a much-loved and charismatic national figure - and the other was married to Prince Charles)

Football clubs are just a pseudo-emotional fronts and trading styles for companies that are businesses; they should be run as such and without the FL/PL "football creditors first rules" that aim distort their operation with a (deliberately) misleading and irrelevant premise that the integrity of football competitions is paramount.
Integrity and football - now there's a laugh! A bit like having James Murdoch as a non-exec director and giving him a place on your Corporate Governance Committee (cf GlaxoSmithKline)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'll be upset if they DON'T go bust tbh. Any sympathy I have for the TEMPORARY upset this would cause the Pompey fans (as ultimately they would simply go and support the phoenix club) is outweighed by a sense of 'for the good of football'. Clubs continually taking the piss like they do, to the extent that even now they refuse to make even the slightest attempt to help themselves (by selling or releasing their expensive players) are not doing football any good at all.

As much as I feel for some of their supporters the above post is spot on. THEY`RE STILL DOING IT.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They just keep spending money which they don't have, whilst other clubs run a tight ship for there troubles play their football in the lower leagues. If Portsmouth can't afford to play in the championship then they need to drop down the leagues, play by the rules!

Abso-bloody-EXACTLY :clap:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
David Cameron minds. He has put his weight behind the Save the Pompeyscum campaign.

Stating 'Who would want to support Scumhampton' and

'I've slept with enough Portsmouth stevedores in my time to know a good sailor or two'

all in Parliamentary question time too.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here