Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much would it cost to buy the Albion

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
I hadn't realised it was only DK who wanted a new ground.

It throws a whole new complexion on things now I know that.

Lord B as usual in your attempt to belittle me and any views that I may have you have completely misconstrued my posting.

What I said was that irrespective of who or how much money was invested DK will want to see the Falmer application through to its end whether it be good bad or indifferent and consequntly would not sell up NOW.

Whether or not he is a control freak who will not allow anybody to get anywhere near the club is not a debatable point at this moment in time as the question does not and would not arise.

BensGrandad said:
Lord B as usual in your attempt to belittle me and any views that I may have you have completely misconstrued my posting.

What I said was that irrespective of who or how much money was invested DK will want to see the Falmer application through to its end whether it be good bad or indifferent and consequntly would not sell up NOW.

Whether or not he is a control freak who will not allow anybody to get anywhere near the club is not a debatable point at this moment in time as the question does not and would not arise.
My misplaced irony, I suppose.

If it helps, BG, I actually agree with you on this.

I remain baffled, though, by those people who are leading the KNIGHT OUT! campaign. What is their answer to the question I posed earlier?

where would the lottery winner who pumps £22 million into the Club be planning to play home matches in future if it's not Falmer?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
And - where would the lottery winner who pumps £22 million into the Club be planning to play home matches in future if it's not Falmer?

The only logical answer would be to go back in time to 1997 and either ground share with Portsmouth or stay at Withdean and start the whole process all over again.

If you had Archers reputed wealth of over £400m or even Abramovich's money you couldn't obtain planning permission and build a ground ready for next season anywhere in the SE of England.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
No fucker would buy the club,not with our debts and un-certainty:nono:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A number of clubs have been bought and sold with greater debts than ours but only if they had assetts which we do not have until JP says YES.

Didn't somebody buy this club for £56.25 with debts that were approaching 50% of what they are now but then we had the advantage of owning our own ground. Until he sold it from under our noses.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Saint Lennard said:
A seat on the board (even with £22 million in your palm) is subject to DK liking you and you meeting his criteria. Not that he's a control freak or anythin.

Hopefully when we get the green light for Falmer he might loosen his grip on his baby?

I'd imagine the criteria would be something along the lines of that you are a fan of BHA, you accept DK being Chairman, you are not intending on getting anything back in the short term and that you are not in it for the money. I had this discussion with mates recently along the lines that if you invested £10 million of a lottery win into the club you wouldn't really accept getting anything back. I would imagine that if it did get you a seat on the board you'd know where exactly every penny is going to.

For the record I'd give over a sizeable chunk to the Albion if I won the lottery tomorrow.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
BensGrandad said:
A number of clubs have been bought and sold with greater debts than ours but only if they had assetts which we do not have until JP says YES.

Didn't somebody buy this club for £56.25 with debts that were approaching 50% of what they are now but then we had the advantage of owning our own ground. Until he sold it from under our noses.
Yeah but we don't have a ground,its not the debt to much its the fact that we may not get the go-ahead meaning goodbye albion:drink:

Now who would risk it now???

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Lord Bracknell said:
My misplaced irony, I suppose.

If it helps, BG, I actually agree with you on this.

I remain baffled, though, by those people who are leading the KNIGHT OUT! campaign. What is their answer to the question I posed earlier?
The club is a mess and its not goner get better lord b,only been at the withdean about 5 years and its turmoil,not to mention the club has recieved millions in other ways grrrrrrrrrrrrr,yeah the board have done fantastic.???

Can the board do no wrong with most of you these days grrrrrrrr:rolleyes:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
mr turd said:
The club is a mess and its not goner get better lord b,only been at the withdean about 5 years and its turmoil,not to mention the club has recieved millions in other ways grrrrrrrrrrrrr,yeah the board have done fantastic.???

Can the board do no wrong with most of you these days grrrrrrrr:rolleyes:

Come on financial whizzkid, what's your method of correcting the problem?

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Theatre of Trees said:
Come on financial whizzkid, what's your method of correcting the problem?
Its a bit f***ing late for that shit don't you think,the damage has been done,yes a fan is good but money is required end of story.

Having a chairman who is rather potless isn't getting us anywhere is it?

Don't even bother blabbing on about the gillingham days,and how dick saved us as thats ball full stop.The chairman can't even stableise a club with a 7k capacity for fucks sake.How many millions have dissapeared????? ???

I estimate a whopping 4-5 million has cropped into this club in roughly 5-6 years,so just goes to show it wasn't as rosey as many thought a couple of year ago,mind you i believed we was so very stable just 1 year ago ha ha ha its unreal isn't it.

:shootself

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
O yeah and we have bought 3 players costing 250k in roughly 5 years:shootself

knight
pitcher
zamora???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
mr turd said:
Its a bit f***ing late for that shit don't you think,the damage has been done,yes a fan is good but money is required end of story.

Having a chairman who is rather potless isn't getting us anywhere is it?

Don't even bother blabbing on about the gillingham days,and how dick saved us as thats ball full stop.The chairman can't even stableise a club with a 7k capacity for fucks sake.How many millions have dissapeared????? ???

I estimate a whopping 4-5 million has cropped into this club in roughly 5-6 years,so just goes to show it wasn't as rosey as many thought a couple of year ago,mind you i believed we was so very stable just 1 year ago ha ha ha its unreal isn't it.

:shootself
I actually thought this kind of horseshit had been flushed out in various debates on this board ages ago. Apparently not. I certainly hope you can back up your query/insinuation about 'missing millions'. In answer to that question, my estimate is ZERO millions. It's all in the accounts.

However, if you think there are discrepancies, you can always call Companies House, the Inland Revenue or, of course, the Fraud Squad. I am sure they would be interested in your evidence.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Er, hello? McFly? Hello? McFly???

Does nobody remember than Prescott is just deciding whether Falmer is the best site for the stadium? As we all know full well that it is the only viable option there is surely little doubt that we'll get the go ahead. If he were to say no he would have to provide a genuine alternative and if there was one we'd build there. We've gotta stop seeing this as a fight because I truly believe we're at the stage where we just have to wait for permission to build.

Withdean has never been an option so the need to find a suitable site has been recognised and thus Falmer will be granted planning permission early next yeat.

Once that gets rolling it really can't be too long before the bulldozers roll in and the cranes are up and within a couple of seasons we're all delighted. So I'd say the club, despite its current financial predicament (which, we have to admit is nothing by comparison to the debt of a lot of other clubs, both now and in the past) does in fact represent a good investment opportunity and this is why DK would be sceptical about selling up to a lottery winner.

Why is everyone so defeatist and morbid?

Chin up people. It's a mater of when, not if

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
I estimate a whopping 4-5 million has cropped into this club in roughly 5-6 years,so just goes to show it wasn't as rosey as many thought a couple of year ago,mind you i believed we was so very stable just 1 year ago

No you didn't. You were posting the same old rubbish then as you post now and being told the same thing.

You're just a wind up merchant and not particularly good at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here