Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much would it cost to buy the Albion

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If an Albion fan won a double rollover ect ect say 22 million could he/she wander in to the club offices, present the evidence and convince the current board that the future lies with he/she

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I've no idea.

But for comparisions sake you could buy Leeds Utd for £10m tomorrow.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
For the footballing side of the 'club' yes, the team, the name etc.

If you wanted to buy back the training ground/Elland Road as well it nearer £25m.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Yeh if you won the double rollover DONT BUY THE CLUB unless you earn shitloads of money anyway cos we would be in the same situation Dream Team were the other season (got bored half way through the series so I sont know what happened in the end)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the moment they probably wouldnt sell unless forced to due to near bankruptcy.

DK has gone so far he has got to or will want to see the Falmer dream through one way or the other.

So a sizeable donation from a double rollover of £20m would be accepted provided there were no strings attached. Seat on the board that is open to question.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cereal Killer said:
Yeh if you won the double rollover DONT BUY THE CLUB unless you earn shitloads of money anyway cos we would be in the same situation Dream Team were the other season (got bored half way through the series so I sont know what happened in the end)
the bloke gave the club away by raffle(one season only) , 3 people claimed to an ownage of it , in the end it got given to an EVERTON fan half way through the season

now owned by an irish billionaire

(god i need to get out more)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
chicken run said:
The current series seems to be flicking my switch at the mo, Karl Fletcher was back sunday night
hopefully abi follows (please)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Kev the Ape said:
This aint the greatest of threads to start with F f***ing G being on here. :angry:

What the f*** are you on? You really must learn how to engage brain once in a while:rolleyes:

Oct 5, 2003
come on Lord B even you must see Falmer is a million years away if you cant admit its really a pipe dream!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
come on Lord B even you must see Falmer is a million years away if you cant admit its really a pipe dream!

OK-so perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us who don't appear to have your vision: Why IS DK and the board spending so much of their time trying to get us Falmer if it is merely a pipedream?

Bwian said:
OK-so perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us who don't appear to have your vision: Why IS DK and the board spending so much of their time trying to get us Falmer if it is merely a pipedream?
And - where would the lottery winner who pumps £22 million into the Club be planning to play home matches in future if it's not Falmer?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Can we stop quoting FG please otherwise it renders my ignore list useless!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
BensGrandad said:
At the moment they probably wouldnt sell unless forced to due to near bankruptcy.

DK has gone so far he has got to or will want to see the Falmer dream through one way or the other.

So a sizeable donation from a double rollover of £20m would be accepted provided there were no strings attached. Seat on the board that is open to question.

A seat on the board (even with £22 million in your palm) is subject to DK liking you and you meeting his criteria. Not that he's a control freak or anythin.

Hopefully when we get the green light for Falmer he might loosen his grip on his baby?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I think that if you have a considerable amount of money to invest in the club and can demonstrate that you share the vision and intentions of Dick Knight. Then I am pretty sure you can buy the club for around, shall we say, £5.

Debt making organisations rarely get sold for a lot of money!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here