Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much Worse Will The Moaning Get Before It Gets Better?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sadly, can see the moaning getting much MUCH worse before it gets better.

Coming up we've got:

- Tottenham game, bigger crowd than previous game, many new people making 'observations' about the catering, the transport arrangements etc.

- Donny game, bigger crowd than previous game, many new people making 'observations' about the catering, the transport arrangements etc.

- Gillingham game, smaller crowd than previous game, everybody making making 'observations' about the evening transport arrangements etc.

- Leeds/Palace games, big evening crowds, everybody making 'observations' about the evening transport proximity to away fans etc.

So... by my reckoning it's wall-to-wall from here til end of September.

Then the moaning should ease off a bit :thumbsup:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I might give this board a miss i think.

Astounding how people can be - we struggle for around 15 years, almost disappear, fight until we emerge with a 'GO' to build, get nixed by the banks and out of the hat comes one man to dish out the lot and we landed!

Plus, GUS is at the helm, happy as a clam and promising good football times to come.
WHAT a time to be an Albion fan!!

Moaning, at this point, is identifying yourself as an utter plank - suggestions for improvements okay, but whingers can bog off.

It's the greatest feeling, to be here now.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
It's incredible so many people presume that a club that's been operating out of a converted athletics track for roughly 6000 fans a game for the past 11 years are going to move in to a state of the art stadium and have everything working perfectly from the very start (even for a ramp up event).

I think if there is a bit of a wait for a pie, or my card doesn't read properly for the first game or 2, or if travel information isn't 100% accurate for the first few games, I will find it in my heart to forgive and move on.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
wont get any from me - cant wait - so excited, time is DRAGGING BIG TIME until the 6th!

Absolutely this.

I'm more excited than an excited thing that fell out of the excited tree into the excited bush, rolled down the excited hill and fell into the excited pond!

The moaners can just do one.

I love Tony Bloom, I love Gus, I'm on his bus and I love The Amex and can't damned well wait until 6th August!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Astounding how people can be - we struggle for around 15 years, almost disappear, fight until we emerge with a 'GO' to build, get nixed by the banks and out of the hat comes one man to dish out the lot and we landed!

Plus, GUS is at the helm, happy as a clam and promising good football times to come.
WHAT a time to be an Albion fan!!

Moaning, at this point, is identifying yourself as an utter plank - suggestions for improvements okay, but whingers can bog off.

It's the greatest feeling, to be here now.

This. Is. The. Best. Post. Of. The. Year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One person's moaning is another's constructive criticism, and I still fail to see the logic behind this alleged 'moaning', when the thread regarding the poor catering effort has people here giving help to the club for the first match at the stadium last week and where they may find areas to improve. The club welcomed it by all accounts, see where they were for the first ramp up event. Thin line between the two, but if we are helping them to help us, I'm still not getting this. On top of that every single person that suggested the poor areas also commented on how much they liked/loved the place. Are some of you just bored because there is nothing on tv, so have a moan at the perceived moaners?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
By my reckoning the most moaning will be about the traffic problems around the stadium.

Let's see those that moan about the 'moaners' not have a bad word to say anywhere, any time about the club. That would help the club immensely to hear only pleasantries and how brilliant they are when there may clearly be areas that need addressing. It all depends on how these concerns are worded, but it seems some on here cannot see the difference between moaning and constructive criticism, which of course is their prerogative.

Personally over the moon about the Amex, a great stadium and something everyone can be proud to call home, and the improvements will come with the help of supporters, of that I am totally positive.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Let's see those that moan about the 'moaners' not have a bad word to say anywhere, any time about the club. That would help the club immensely to hear only pleasantries and how brilliant they are when there may clearly be areas that need addressing. It all depends on how these concerns are worded, but it seems some on here cannot see the difference between moaning and constructive criticism, which of course is their prerogative.

Personally over the moon about the Amex, a great stadium and something everyone can be proud to call home, and the improvements will come with the help of supporters, of that I am totally positive.
Indeed. Everyone's got a different perspective about what constitutes 'moaning' and what constitutes 'constructive feedback'. For me the 'moaners' have been those 1901 members who've now had it confirmed that they can't wear replica shirts. I've had no intention of being a 1901 member but even I was aware that the club had said from Day One that there would be a dress code. On the other hand if after the SSCF we'd been asked for our views (which we were) and we'd all said "Yup, brilliant, no problems, fantastic, thank you Gus and Tony" and glossed over the problems that would have negated one of the reasons for having ramp-up events.

At the end of the day we're not house guests, we're customers. If you've stayed with a friend, or just gone there for dinner or something, when you get home you don't write them a long letter detailing everything that you felt they could have done better, you say something like "Had a lovely time, thanks for inviting me." There are some on here on think we should do that with the Albion and that our gratitude for having the stadium should outweigh everything else and any less-than-100% positive observation counts as 'moaning'. I think they're in for an upsetting time as I agree with THPP: there will be some negative feedback which the club need to know about so it can be rectified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here