Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much wonga are we spending this summer?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Outgoing of about £35m
Knockaert 10m
Propper 10m
Duffy 10m
Murray 1m
Gross 4m
Steele 100k

Incomings £50m
Striker 25m
2x Midfielders 25m (if lallana arrives)

Molumby, Walton, andone (yes injures for six months) and white into first team squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Controversial, but don't think we will be spending any more money then we receive. Our long term strategy is to utilise our academy and with the current financial situation, think that will be the plan. Don't think we can keep asking Uncle Tony for dosh. So think we might get 30 million for some of our fringe players, so that will be our buying budget. With White, Mollumby back, just need that new striker and attacking midfielder and we should be ok for a top 10 challenge.

That all depends if White is the Defensive Midfield addition. I suspect we are looking for another there as well.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Maybe you're right mate. I think we'll sell Montoya, Bernardo, Duffy, Propper, Gross, Ali J and Muzza plus some of the more senior of our youth team, Gyokeres, Walton, Ostigard amongst others. Should get a good few quid there.

I might be wrong about the names and the figures just mentioned ..... But the point i'm making is that I think we'll see a change of recruitment strategy. In the last few years, we've signed a large number of players in the £10m to 17 bracket. I think, we'll move towards fewer but hopefully higher quality signings, run a smaller first team squad with more emphasis on academy players stepping in.

Oh and I think we're due cash for Locadia

£1000 and a set of kit I believe.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Outgoing of about £35m
Knockaert 10m
Propper 10m
Duffy 10m
Murray 1m
Gross 4m
Steele 100k

Incomings £50m
Striker 25m

Molumby, Walton, andone (yes injures for six months) and white into first team squad.

Propper out and Andone in? Never in a million years

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Outgoing of about £35m
Knockaert 10m
Propper 10m
Duffy 10m
Murray 1m
Gross 4m
Steele 100k

Incomings £50m
Striker 25m

That looks reasonable, but I suspect Murray is given a free, and the Steele fee looks top limit.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think March could do a job at LWB with the protection of 3 centre back behind him

Webster. Dunk. White

Lamptey. March

Molumby. Bissouma. Trossard

MacAlister

Maupay

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
That all depends if White is the Defensive Midfield addition. I suspect we are looking for another there as well.

Think Molumby is the defensive midfielder, see White as part of a back 3, bit who knows what Potter is thinking.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think, we have one, Bernardo, no idea why he does not get a chance. Potter seems to prefer Burn there. Think if White plays next year, then we may do 3 at the back and Bernardo fits better to that wing back role. Not many people have been mentioning Jayson Mollumby, think he will be a starter next year and maybe Stephens long term replacement. Get that striker and I will be happy with that.

This....can see us playing 3 CBs and 2 WBs regularly which would suit Bernardo and Lamptey brilliantly. Exciting times.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Outgoing of about £35m
Knockaert 10m
Propper 10m
Duffy 10m
Murray 1m
Gross 4m
Steele 100k

Incomings £50m
Striker 25m

Why does everybody think Murray will go? Haven't we just extended his contract to keep him here for next season? We could have let him go on a free this summer, but we chose not to.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Why does everybody think Murray will go? Haven't we just extended his contract to keep him here for next season? We could have let him go on a free this summer, but we chose not to.

Some people don't/can'y think, look at the state of the nation!!! I kind of expect him to stay on in a coaching role for the yoof and teach them how to score with their arse cheeks/testicles/ears etc. Also take on a Bruno-esque role as a club ambassador ( whilst also honing his TV skills no doubt

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Love Murray but let’s be realistic, if he is a big consideration In our plans for next season then we are in trouble.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think March could do a job at LWB with the protection of 3 centre back behind him

Webster. Dunk. White

Lamptey. March

Molumby. Bissouma. Trossard

MacAlister

Maupay

Shame he can’t do the job of a winger. Most frustrating player I have seen play for the Albion once he gets over the halfway line. Maybe he should just stick to being a defender, he’s good at that.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No, I'm sure he's not in our plans. I expect Uncle Tony just wanted to pay him another £M or two.

You might remember last January, Muz had us over a barrel as we’d failed to sign a striker during the window. Also Forest wanted him. That’s why he got his Lengthy deal.
If we’d been able to recruit his replacement Murray would have been gone.
You’d hope we’d be able to recruit another striker in this window and there’ll be no need for Muz.

None of this takes away From what a great player Muz has been for us over the years, or Any future coaching role he might have at albion.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Shame he can’t do the job of a winger. Most frustrating player I have seen play for the Albion once he gets over the halfway line. Maybe he should just stick to being a defender, he’s good at that.

I like Solly March as a player, nothing fancy but rarely lets you down. He is certainly more consistant than our record signing. Apart from the goals his career has been very similar to one Pater ward, non league to playing for England U21's and playing in the top league in England.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I like Solly March as a player, nothing fancy but rarely lets you down. He is certainly more consistant than our record signing. Apart from the goals his career has been very similar to one Pater ward, non league to playing for England U21's and playing in the top league in England.

Wardy had me off my seat In anticipation more often in one game than Solly has in his career with us :lolol:

I am being a bit harsh here aren’t I? :wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lallana looks all done bar crossing the t's and dotting the lower case j's.

That will be some serious wages so we must be looking at getting a couple off the monthly pay roll.

Some of Jahanbakhsh, Duffy, Groß, or even Pröpper could be on their way, and we'll still need to find a new striker's wages and fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here