Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much will Iwelumo cost Brighton?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You lot are a bunch of f***ing whingers. He scored goals that mattered, got sod all service or crosses from our non-existent midfield, and won the penalty that took us up. For the money we are paying you are not going to get Ronaldo, so lower expectations.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
El Presidente said:
You lot are a bunch of f***ing whingers. He scored goals that mattered, got sod all service or crosses from our non-existent midfield, and won the penalty that took us up. For the money we are paying you are not going to get Ronaldo, so lower expectations.
Yeah but loyalty in football is not much cop these days and although he gives all etc he isn't good enough like most of the squad as surely even you can see that.:shootself

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Big Chris has worked his bollox off for the team since his arrival... scored 4 goals wich is OK, made some as well... to correct earlier comment, he wins a lot in the air... the problem for me is that Leon and the rest of the team just don't seem to be on the end of his knock-downs... IMHO, the fault does not lie with Big Chris here...

I believe the figure was about £30k, which is pretty good business by MM / DK... that said, I would like to see another striker brought in, but the top priority has to be a creative midfielder...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
b.w.2. said:
Big Chris has worked his bollox off for the team since his arrival... scored 4 goals wich is OK, made some as well... to correct earlier comment, he wins a lot in the air... the problem for me is that Leon and the rest of the team just don't seem to be on the end of his knock-downs... IMHO, the fault does not lie with Big Chris here...

I believe the figure was about £30k, which is pretty good business by MM / DK... that said, I would like to see another striker brought in, but the top priority has to be a creative midfielder...

MM said in his Seagull's World that he wants another striker (to make 4 with Chris McPhee) and a creative midfielder.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Not good enough full stop:shootself
Christ people on here go on about 2-3 good games well its 46 games a season get a grip grrrrrr:shootself

Spot on Berks

Some people on here were annoyed when we didn't sign Rougier.....however for us, he only had two good games (Millwall at home I think, and Ipswich away). The rest of the loan period he was pants, and how bad was he against us last sunday?

Although poor old Chris does seem to have to deal with terrible service, his control and pace are poor. I for one won't be sad if he never plays for us again, although will always be grateful for the run last sunday that ended in the penalty....but that was the ONLY thing he did of note in Cardiff

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lumo is a f***ing LEGEND and played a massive part in getting us out of this division. Remember, he came into the side slap bang in the middle of a play off push and IMHO fitted in very well and I reckon he has formed a very effective partnership with Knight that will only get better with time. Get off his back, we should reward him with a contract for the part he has played in our promotion, he has the kind of fight inside him that we are going to need to stay in the first division next season.

Dancing Ninja - the only thing he did in Cardiff..

a) Bollocks - he held the ball up very well in the second half especially in the dying minutes

b) What a thing to do for your 'ONLY thing'

c) If he hadn't have been brought down he would have scored, I imagine most of his detractors would be singing his praises if that had happened.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Dancing Ninja - the only thing he did in Cardiff..

a) Bollocks - he held the ball up very well in the second half especially in the dying minutes

b) What a thing to do for your 'ONLY thing'

c) If he hadn't have been brought down he would have scored, I imagine most of his detractors would be singing his praises if that had happened.

Shit sorry, I must not have noticed when he shut his eyes from Piercy's cross when he was three yards out, when the ball hit his shoulder rather than his head

When he was through on goal from Virgo's great pass, and he choose to shot from 25 yards (woefully) I must have been been having a crafty fan and missed that one also....

I know he won us the penalty and I will always be grateful for that, but saying things like reward him with a new (and fat) contract is wrong in my opinion...sentimentality should not come into it, he is not the answer to our attack, he had a poor game against Bristol (apart from the obvious)

By hey, that's just my opinion, love to be proved wrong when he scores 15 goals next season and sets up loads of Leon, but I won't hold my breath
y

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Big Chris should be on the 3 month contract like piercy to prove him self the first division has already proved tought to him at Stoke althought the stoke fans did like him maybe for his work rate probably not his skill.

i can see him as the third stiker i think we will have another striker like Benji in the first team by the start of the season

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
When he was through on goal from Virgo's great pass, and he choose to shot from 25 yards (woefully) I must have been been having a crafty fan and missed that one also....
It's worth making the point that whilst that was a fantastic ball from Virgo, it was Ilewumo who actually turned it into a chance by taking it brilliantly on chest, wrong footing the full back leaving him on his arse in the process.

All I'll say on Ilewumo is that he works hard, but he's no football genius. On balance, I'd be happy for him to stay on and I do think he is a LOT better than Rougier ever was. Give the guy a break.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here