Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much will Iwelumo cost Brighton?

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
15/03/2004 Brighton manager, Mark McGhee
"I'm pleased. The circumstances of the deal are good for the club. This is a player who a month ago we would have had to have paid a substantial amount of money for; but as time's gone on circumstances have changed, and now we'll only pay money for him if he's successful.
It's good for everyone. We've got a player that we can afford; he's got the opportunity to earn himself a long-term contract.
If we are successful this season and get to the play-offs or better, then we will be required to pay Stoke a certain amount of money. Then, if Chris signs a permanent deal beyond this season then we'll be obliged to pay them a little more money."

So how much exactly is he gonna cost us?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
well mcghee obviously likes wat he see's cos he was claiming on sunday night that we would have won automatic promotion if we'd had chris for longer

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I see nothing in him. I think anything we pay for him, or direct to him is a waste of money. He was emabrrasing useless at Cardiff. Okay he got the penatly, so his attemps on goal were shocking.

I for one cant see what Chris McPhee needs to do to get a go. He scored 9 goals last year, and started only about half the game. If you took Leos pens away from him and gave them to McPhee, than Leo would have scored 17 and McPhee 18.

Iwelumo is crap. Even Gordon Strachen slated him in the studio on Sunday so Im told, saying he doesn't understand what hes about or what he does. And he's ginger, and Scottish!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mr Burns said:
I see nothing in him. I think anything we pay for him, or direct to him is a waste of money. He was emabrrasing useless at Cardiff. Okay he got the penatly, so his attemps on goal were shocking.

I for one cant see what Chris McPhee needs to do to get a go. He scored 9 goals last year, and started only about half the game. If you took Leos pens away from him and gave them to McPhee, than Leo would have scored 17 and McPhee 18.

Iwelumo is crap. Even Gordon Strachen slated him in the studio on Sunday so Im told, saying he doesn't understand what hes about or what he does. And he's ginger, and Scottish!

Harsh. He didn't have the best of games at Cardiff but did score the one that mattered at Swindon.

His goal at Cheaterfield was inspired.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Yorkie said:
Harsh. He didn't have the best of games at Cardiff but did score the one that mattered at Swindon.

His goal at Cheaterfield was inspired.

I'm confused Yorkie. I thought it was Carpenter and Virgo who scored against Swindon. Are you referring to the penalty shoot out?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
chips and gravy said:
I'm confused Yorkie. I thought it was Carpenter and Virgo who scored against Swindon. Are you referring to the penalty shoot out?

No. I'm the one who was confused :jester:
It was early this morning
:dunce:

Iwelumo has the ability but can be marked out of games.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Mr Burns said:

i like your thinking. mcphee was the one thats been treated harshly in my opinion. lets not forget we were 4 points clear at top of the league when little chris played regular. i was impressed with big chris on his debut at chesterfield though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He must be worth having on the bench if we're struggling.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
he does give us the big lanky header of the ball option i suppose.
i could be wrong but i would say leon scored more goals per game ratio when little chris was playing aswell.

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
dougdeep said:
He must be worth having on the bench if we're struggling.
But im sure there are a few players out there that will be worth having on the bench, that we can get for sod all.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
graz126 said:
i like your thinking. mcphee was the one thats been treated harshly in my opinion. lets not forget we were 4 points clear at top of the league when little chris played regular. i was impressed with big chris on his debut at chesterfield though.

Zesh Rehman's debut at Rushden was also pretty good but after that he went down hill rapidly. Let's hope big Chris is not in the same category.

:(

Last edited:

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
There will be plenty of so called footballers out there wanting a club soon. Lets not rush to pay money out for big Chris yet.

Don't want another Kitson though!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Not good enough full stop:shootself
Christ people on here go on about 2-3 good games well its 46 games a season get a grip grrrrrr:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here