Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much To Watch Your First Albion Game?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it was 15p as a junior. (Pat Sayward was the manager v Wrexham). The program was 5p which included the League Review. I know I could get the train from Haywards Heath, get in to the game and buy a program for less than 50P

****Puts on Northern Accent***

Aye them were the days but you try telling that to the youth of today.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Not my first game but whenI first went with my mates I used to save my dinner money all week( £1.25) and get a wanderbus ticket from Crowborough to the ground(65p) a couple of doughnuts in Hove park cafe(10p) a programme (15p) & a quality game of football (35p)............but christ was I skinny!

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
35p for the North stand somewhen in the mid '70s. I was 14.
Can't remember who we were playing.
The only thing I can remember is Fred Binney recieving the ball on the 6 yard line with the goalkeeper sprawled on the ground elsewhere.
The North Stand crowd shouted "Don't give it to Binney!"...
...and he put it way over the bar of an empty net into the crowd.

Why did I go back the following week? God knows.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
One shilling (5p) in 1962 to stand on the Chicken Run . An extra sixpence (2.5p) to transfer to the North Stand or South Stand (terracing)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
a shilling (5p) in the chicken run for juniors

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I am pretty sure it was £2-£4 for a kid in 1990. However, I always had someone to take care of the finances then, so I could be wrong.

I remember paying £8 towards the end of The Goldstone, so that would tally.

Yeah, my first game was 91 and I'm sure it was £4 for a junior and £8 for an adult. Although my old man paid it anyway so it was free really :)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Pre-decimal but can't remember the price. As mentioned above, you could get in the uncovered East and transfer, for a small fee, into the covered parts of the ground.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think it was 15p as a junior. (Pat Sayward was the manager v Wrexham). The program was 5p which included the League Review. I know I could get the train from Haywards Heath, get in to the game and buy a program for less than 50P

****Puts on Northern Accent***

Aye them were the days but you try telling that to the youth of today.

15p for me too with a 13p train fare from worthing which we bunked most weeks and 4 or 5p for a crappy hotdog/burger. No change there then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here