Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much of a fan are you?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Okay, the threads are still coming thick and fast about who is the biggest fan, so give yourself a rating by adding up your score.
Score 10 points for STH this year
Score 5 points for STH last year
Score 5 points for AMS
Score 1 point for each home game this year
Score 0.5 points for each home game last year
Score 2 points for each away game this year < 100 miles
Score 1 point for each away game last year < 100 miles
Score 3 points for each away game this year > 100 miles
Score 2 points for each away game last year > 100 miles
Score 3 points if 1st game watched > 5 years ago
Score 5 points if 1st game watched > 10 years ago
Score 7 points if 1st game watched > 15 years ago
Score 2 points if you spend more that £100 in the club shop
Score 2 points for contributing to Live & Kicking fund
Subtract 1 point if you think we will get relegated this season
Add 0.5 point for > 1,000 NSC postings
Add 0.25 point for > 250 NSC postings
Score 5 points if you went to Wembley for the FA cup final in '83 (add 1 bonus point if you went to the replay too)
Score 1 point if you hate Palace

The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

Good luck ......

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
I haven't bothered to work out my score just yet, but I do feel a bit aggrieved to be missing out of 5 points for not going to the FA Cup final, bearing in mind it was 5 years before I was born.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Well i wasnt born for cup final too!

u havent included having season tickets at gillingham :jester:

which me n my dad did have :yawn:

Last edited:

Oct 5, 2003
why are Albion fans obsessed with how much of a fan they are and if they measure up better/wors ethan others we are all fans of the club of equal love of it just some of us have diferent viewpoints on whats best for it

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I am not one to boast so I will not embarass you all with my total.:jester:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
El Presidente said:
Think you do however earn a point for watching Bobby Zamora warm the bench each week though.

Unfortunately yes !!

But, i watched nearly every home game at the goldstone during 76-79 then the same from 89-95 and i was a season ticket holder during 93/94 season. Went to the 92 (?) playoff final and also followed the albion on many away games such as old trafford, anfield and all the london clubs.

How many points are you going to give me :lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know you're doing it tongue in cheek SS but that's an interesting set of categories as you're one of the first people to take account of 'history'. I lose points for not attending many games over the last few years, but I gain them back for going to the Cup Final and the Replay. Now if you can only work out a way for getting points for attending midweek away games when there were less than 100 Brighton fans you're well on the way to developing a fair ticket allocation system!

Just editing as I've thought about this. I was going to say why only award the majority of points for games attended only in the last two seasons? Why not let people go back through their entire Albion-supporting history? I then realised this was unfair as the people who would come out on top would be the old duffers like me. Certainly I'm not a better fan than someone whose been to 90% of recent matches but wasn't born for the Cup Final - and they're not a better fan than me.

Oh well, back to the drawing board - will we ever find a system for working out who is the 'best' fan? I think not.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here