Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much needs to be spent.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It is very difficult to put a price on what it will cost, because it depends on what sort of deals we can strike. For me, we need at least 4 to 5 new players.

How much does a quality Championship player cost these days? Say £2m ? You do the math !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It is very difficult to put a price on what it will cost, because it depends on what sort of deals we can strike. For me, we need at least 4 to 5 new players.

How much does a quality Championship player cost these days? Say £2m ? You do the math !

Ok £2m x who many did you say 4 or five players thats either £8m or £10m !!

happy now, ask santa for a calculator for christmas eh :dunce:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if the only transfer money we pay out is for maybe one player...the rest quality free transfers.

Whatever players Gus feels will gel as a team.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There is not a massive amount wrong with the squad. If you can keep the current team together so keep Calderon and Brezovan (possibly one or two others like Virgo and possibly Carole) and sign Lua Lua (who will cost quite a lot), Painter, Hendrie and possibly Barnes, we are not far short of a good team. On top of that the main place to spend money is on strikers with a quality partner for Murray and an extra striker needed. We also need a goalkeeper to compete with Brezovan and maybe an extra defender and midfielder but they may be available on frees as plenty of players are out of contract.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I'm sure we'll spend a few hundred grand on transfer fees, but the key thing is going to be salaries. The club's revenue will rise significantly next season as the stadium move approaches thanks to sponsorship, box sales, advance seat sales etc. PLUS, we will release a number of fairly well paid players, leaving plenty of money for some big name signings.

I reckon the following will be released or sold:

Kuipers (on big wages)
Wright
Forster (on big wages)
Dickinson (on big wages)
Hart
Hawkins
Smith
Davies (on fairly big wages)

If we can get Calderon, Hendrie, Lua Lua, a good goalkeeper, a strong / dominant centre-half and two proven strikers, I believe we will have a squad well capable of challenging for the top 2.

I hope we don't rely on Brezovan. He has done well but is definitely a No. 2 - not a first choice. Equally, Elphick really showed his weaknesses yesterday. We badly need someone in the Simon Morgan mould.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Around a million, if he's serious.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Around a million, if he's serious.

I suspect it will be more than that as we know the club has already received a lot more than that in pre selling the boxes and premium seats

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to Gus the phone hasnt stopped ringing with players out of contract in the summer and wanting to join us as they feel we will be the team to beat next season so transfer fees will not be the problem it will be wages. so based on that £6k per week x 23 man squad = £138k per week + a couple on more so approx £150k per week x 52 = nearly £8m in wages, that is without transfer fees. So it wont be cheap to get promotion automatically.

This is based on the assumed fact as put on here that NF is on £8k per week and most players signing would want nearly that amount if they are quality.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
According to Gus the phone hasnt stopped ringing with players out of contract in the summer and wanting to join us as they feel we will be the team to beat next season so transfer fees will not be the problem it will be wages. so based on that £6k per week x 23 man squad = £138k per week + a couple on more so approx £150k per week x 52 = nearly £8m in wages, that is without transfer fees. So it wont be cheap to get promotion automatically.

This is based on the assumed fact as put on here that NF is on £8k per week and most players signing would want nearly that amount if they are quality.

Seriously, where do you get your information from? I'm sure whoever it is, is having a good laugh behind your back in the knowledge that you are posting it on here!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A substantial amount if we want automatic promotion.As has been shown,no Painter and no Murray for a couple of games and down we go to very ordinary teams.Got to get reliable number 1 goalie and a very good striker for starters.Other positions depend a bit on which of the loanees we manage/or want to sign.
I can see a clearout of most of the fringe players and a lot of activity in the hunt for superior replacements....permanent I hope!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seriously, where do you get your information from? I'm sure whoever it is, is having a good laugh behind your back in the knowledge that you are posting it on here!

The comment about the phone not stopped ringing was made at the fans forum and the rumoured wage of NF was freely posted on here a couple of weeks ago. I have just combined the 2. 1 there will be a lot of out of contract players seeking a contract being better than we have. 2 If they come from a higher division or are the better players in our division they will want wages in or around that rumoured to have been paid to NF. Quite simple really just a little logic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here