Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much needs to be spent.

It's always difficult to put a price on certain promotion but just by making big money signings does not guarantee promotion. It's also about finding players who can gell into a match winning outfit as proven by the likes of Brian Clough, Mickey Adams and Barry Lloyd. A list of unattached and players on free transfers will soon be published. It is obvious that alot of work needs to be done on team building if Mr Bloom's dream of seeing an Albion 11 taking to the field for the first game at Falmer that can compete on level terms in The Championship. Rumours of a 5 million pound transfer budget have been mentioned. Without wishing to stir up trouble, how many of the current squad are really up to the task? There are some on NSC who will call for me to be banned from the big Board as happened when I suggested that a top class keeper needs to be signed but look at what has happened this afternoon. Some might be happy to carry on watching The Albion in this division but I'm sure that the majority of us dream of watching the players of Brighton and Hove Albion ply their trade at the highest level.
Wishing you all a happy weekend x

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
£120 million and employ someone to wash the kits.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
..............a bit extreme :lol:

I'll have you know it's the biggest single issue at this club and had we done something about it in the summer Graeme Smith might still be with us.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
you cant say outright how many players we need or how much they will cost, its about getting the right ones such players dont always cost a fortune.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£6M minimum should do it. After promotion TB wants us to be a top 6 Championship side the following season.

We need a massive clear out in the summer & to bring in some quality.
The manager is clearly teaching the players to play good football however the two defeats on the trot is a reality check to those who think that we will compete for promotion next year, when the team has been in the bottom half of league 1 for 2 years now

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
If we can keep all our best players (i.e Bennett, Murray, Dicker Calderon etc), then:

Painter, Lua Lua + quality striker, centre midfielder and goalkeeper. I'd like Le Fondre from Rotherham, current top scorer in league two and only 22..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here