Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how much longer does McGhee retain your backing?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
this isnt for trigger or ernest or McGhee's existing critics, this is for the fans who still back him but are beginning to feel a lil' alarmed.

how much longer will he get your 100% support before you start to place the finger of blame on him and not our current scenario.

this thread is kinda inspired by karen brady's of birminghams comments that they'd back Steve Bruce even if they were relegated.

would we/you do the same for McGhee?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I've already blamed him for today, bringing off jake/on CKR and NOT bringing on Dodd - those two decisions probably cost us the game.....

To be honest, if we don't get at least 3 points from next two games i'll be very pissed off, but as i stated somewhere else, who for the job?

???

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
bigc said:
this isnt for trigger or ernest or McGhee's existing critics, this is for the fans who still back him but are beginning to feel a lil' alarmed.

how much longer will he get your 100% support before you start to place the finger of blame on him and not our current scenario.

this thread is kinda inspired by karen brady's of birminghams comments that they'd back Steve Bruce even if they were relegated.

would we/you do the same for McGhee?
He will get my backing until we have simelar funds available as the teams around us.
Then, and only then, if his signings don't do the business, then MM is accountable..........until then he's doiung the best he can with the resourses available.
Dont forget, we matched Palace today, and it was only a defensive lapse in the last minute that cost us a point...........Not MM's fault..........Roll on Derby.......:salute:

Oct 25, 2003
taylor- one place above us? with a lot more money to spend

adams- coventry two places above us, more money to spend

coppell- a LOT more money to spend(convey cost more than our whole squad, let alone Lita), and is getting it right, but how well would he do on our budget

mcghee is a good manager, and i will give him my backing until he leaves

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Withdean Wanderer said:
I've already blamed him for today, bringing off jake/on CKR and NOT bringing on Dodd - those two decisions probably cost us the game.....

To be honest, if we don't get at least 3 points from next two games i'll be very pissed off, but as i stated somewhere else, who for the job?

???
By his standards, Jake was dreadful today. Toally lightweight, backed out of challenges and rarely got stuck in. Subbing him was the right thing - the main problem was that the sub was no better. Bringing on Dodd after Harty going off would not have changed things.

McGhee has my total backing - even if we go down. Which we won't. The only alarm bells ringing are the ones which say 'we can't shoot straight.'

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He still has my total backing, we are punching above our weight on a shoestring budget, he would lose it if we were relegated and didn't make an immediate challenge for promotion. With the squad we have it should be possible for us to turn things around, yes I know we have been saying this for weeks but I believe we can. Things were difficult last season because we just struggled to make chances and score, that hasn't been so difficult this season although results haven't been going our way, teams still find us difficult to beat and nobody has managed a hatful against us, that is usually a sign that a team will sink without trace.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well we can't afford to sack him so back him

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Assuming we don't get absolutely tonked this year, I'd wait until a reasonable portion into next season. If we've stayed up, then he'll clearly stay, if we go down, he probably deserves a shot at getting us back up.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
brightonfan_86 said:
MM has got my backing, but we need to pick up points now.

and to think, only a couple of hours ago you had joined the "magoo out" campaign

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
If you can't beat them, get relegated.

He's not doing a bad job. Maybe he needs to work on his media handling a bit (blaming an injured man isn't exactly sporting).

McGhee to apologise publicly, or walk for being two faced.

Grrrrrrr!

Bruce Lee Wannabe

Nov 10, 2004
Brighton
McGhee more than has my backing he has my total faith. We lost the game today because of two momentary lapses in defence, and at this level you will get punished for it.

I don't understand how people can want another manager. Do they expect that with another manager we will suddenly be able to sign million pound players? We played tremendously today and I could not imagine any other manager from any league getting the current squad of players to play better football then we are at the moment.

We looked good today and was one of the closest games of football have ever seen. Either team could have won and unfortunately it was the scum decause Iain Dowie must've been f***ing the ref or something.

On seagulls.co.uk 'we will not take the negatives into tuesdays game but the positives'. I think that sums up McGhee's approach and he really does bring a positive element to the team. Look at the performance he got out of Knight today. Sheer class. He is one of the best managers we have had at this club and want to see him lead us to Falmer and beyond.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Large One said:
Except for the third statement in the post immediately above yours.

Yup, posted at the same time as mine and I couldn't be bothered to then edit my post to say 'except the statement in..'

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Bruce Lee Wannabe said:
McGhee more than has my backing he has my total faith. We lost the game today because of two momentary lapses in defence, and at this level you will get punished for it.

I don't understand how people can want another manager. Do they expect that with another manager we will suddenly be able to sign million pound players? We played tremendously today and I could not imagine any other manager from any league getting the current squad of players to play better football then we are at the moment.

We looked good today and was one of the closest games of football have ever seen. Either team could have won and unfortunately it was the scum decause Iain Dowie must've been f***ing the ref or something.

On seagulls.co.uk 'we will not take the negatives into tuesdays game but the positives'. I think that sums up McGhee's approach and he really does bring a positive element to the team. Look at the performance he got out of Knight today. Sheer class. He is one of the best managers we have had at this club and want to see him lead us to Falmer and beyond.
top post fella,hope we see more of the same,seeing as you have only made 33 posts your get to see how a lot of people on here are never happy and forget how far we have come,if we win the next game the ones that were moaning will be so so happy,you will learn soon who the culprits are im sure,if you dont already

Bruce Lee Wannabe

Nov 10, 2004
Brighton
Cheers buddy. Read a lot, but usually in spare minutes at uni etc. so don't get a lot of time to post. Think we have got a good chance at some points against Cardiff and Derby based on todays form and, I almost can't say it, but the scum are ex-prem with the majority of their players from last season (cause no one else wants em). We will start converting more goals and we will stay up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here