Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is a beer these days?

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I'm flying home on Sunday for my first visit to England in 3 years and was just curious about how much a beer is going to set me back these days. I suppose the 3 quid pint is a reality these days? Oh well it's a necessity but if someone would be helpful enough to let me know how much a night down the pub (Tarring) and a six pack from Threshers/Tesco etc will run me I'll make sure to change up enough dollars to beer vouchers.

Ta!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Returned last summer and was shocked as I downed my first pint at GBP4.05 at a pub in Westminster

Faith restored a few days later with a GBP1.50 pint at Grimsby Sailing Club

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not really a beer drinker, but I am sure that you can get a pint for much less than £3 as long as you don't want to drink something poncey in posh surroundings, try a Weatherspoons pub and it is probably half that price.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Harveys in Brighton is £2.60 to £3.20. Lager £3 to £4, ish... Supermarket booze is still cheap, you can often get a six pack for a fiver.

D

Deleted User X18H

No idea about Tarring, but in Brighton the £3 pint is indeed a reality these days.

Yep, but hey we are the most cosmopolitan vibrant and popular City in the World it doesn't matter that most of the poor sods who live and work in Brighton don't earn over 25k a year so can't actually afford to go out.

But you can always promenade!

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Price of a lager is killing me when away from uni! I normally do most of my drinking from the can (cheap) rather than in one of the south's fine watering holes which are mostly overpriced.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
♠ ╚§Áj«d©○╝þÜMÌo░~æþAôTÕ├Ä█§╚§█Oƒôe±↓=

The Fun i just had with alt and the number pad! magical!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here