Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much investment buys the right to sack the Manager?

How much to sack the Manager?

• £200,000

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • £500,000

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • £1 million

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • £2 million

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • £5 million

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No new investor should dictate policy

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The amount is obviously relevant to the situation i.e. if we were in the position of going out of business as we were when Beeney was sold then the amount of money needed to save us would be sufficient but if it was as it appears to be now money to keep going and to improve the squad then it would require a tangible amount probably equivalent to what the others directors have each put in.

There is no way "The Lizard" Bloom could have put in substantial money in the Albion anywhere near a million. His business Premierbet is not worth that much and I don't think he even owns it anyway. Or are we now saying that our club is now going to be financed in future by poker winnings ??? - it's incredible, we are well on the way to being the laughing stock of the Football League again.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
There is no way "The Lizard" Bloom could have put in substantial money in the Albion anywhere near a million. His business Premierbet is not worth that much and I don't think he even owns it anyway. Or are we now saying that our club is now going to be financed in future by poker winnings ??? - it's incredible, we are well on the way to being the laughing stock of the Football League again.

To be fair you don't know what's going on any more than any of us do.

You seem to be poisoned towards the person or persons trying to put money in because they want rid of Magoo.

The "investors" won't get a chance to prove anything as far as you're concerned due to the fact that it looks likely that the manager will be replaced.

blockhseagull said:
In all honesty LI you have no idea of his financial situation so it is all guesswork on your behalf

I have looked at Premierbet, there is no way this company is earning big money for anyone :rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Irrespective of the reasoning behind it if I was going to put insufficient moeny to become the largest shareholder in this club I would insist on the clause saying no one man can ever run the club being removed. In effect 1 man is running the club and I would assume that this is one of the reasons why this investor, whoever he may be, is standing firm. He is trying to prove that if you want my money I want a say in what happens. Seems logical to me.

blockhseagull said:
But you still know nothing of anything else he may or may not be involved with.... pure guesswork

All publicly available information about him just cite this company and his poker gambling activities as his business connections. If you know something other than that, let's hear it.

Let's hear from you why this guy should be overriding Dick Knight and Martin Perry, the chairman and chief executive of the Albion, about who should be the manager of this club ??? ??? ???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
As I said on another thread, I think he is hearing things in his head.

And it wasn't funny there either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here