Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much Has D.k. Got Brighton In Debt?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
But the club is in debt - it may well be to the directors but nonetheless it is in debt!

As I said (and giving the poster the benefit of the doubt) perhaps he is a youngster or someone who doesnt understand whats going on (for whatever reason!).

I agree with your second point, but I still maintain that the title of his post inferred that it was DK who got us into debt. We have probably been 'in debt' since many years before Dick took over but, in any case, I just don't think that anyone should make such accusations without evidence.

But the club is in debt - it may well be to the directors but nonetheless it is in debt!

As I said (and giving the poster the benefit of the doubt) perhaps he is a youngster or someone who doesnt understand whats going on (for whatever reason!).

Perhaps he or she is an anti-Albion pub owner in Falmer - but I don't care to look at the possibilities of who asked the question.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Total debt is around £12-13million, of which the vast majority is either direct to the directors, or to a holding company owned by the directors.

The overdraft was about £300-400k, and there were significant sums owed to the tax authorities too.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Of course supporters have the right to know how much/little the directors have contributed,they can then make up their minds whether they should continue to dip into their pockets.The decline in gates indicates they have made that decision

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If dick and the board got us 50 million in debt most on here would still worship him,like i said before if it wasn't for falmer we would have gone bust a long long time ago.
Priority on taking on the job was to staberlise this club and to keep debts down,the master plan never worked.You have to say the debts are seriously shocking in a short space of time???

Im sure they will reap the rewards once we get taken over by someone with a few quid at falmer;)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I agree with your second point, but I still maintain that the title of his post inferred that it was DK who got us into debt. We have probably been 'in debt' since many years before Dick took over but, in any case, I just don't think that anyone should make such accusations without evidence.
The sale of the goldstone cleared our major debts,started off at the withdean with a cleanist slate:p

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If dick and the board got us 50 million in debt most on here would still worship him,like i said before if it wasn't for falmer we would have gone bust a long long time ago.
Priority on taking on the job was to staberlise this club and to keep debts down,the master plan never worked.You have to say the debts are seriously shocking in a short space of time???
Im sure they will reap the rewards once we get taken over by someone with a few quid at falmer;)

How can you say the debts are shocking and how can you say with convictions that the current situation is not the best possible financial position the club could have been in given the circumstances of the past 10 years.

I am sure we would be a lot better off without the endless delays and enquiries associated with Falmer but then that was not really something in our control now was it

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Nobody has commented on how much less the debt would have been if LDC hadn't f***ed about with their pointless objections to Falmer! :falmer:

Whatever debt we are in now I am sure it would have been a lot worse if DK hadn't been in charge.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
In answer to the original question, he hasn't.
He has done a sterling job in very difficult circumstances, perhaps another question is what would he have done if the trio of Brown, Cook and Bloom not put in excess of £6million into the club over the last 4/5 years?
Whilst Dick should be forever recognised for all he has done for the club perhaps the other three also deserve some plaudits?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Considering the upheaval and expense this club has had to go through these last ten years, I think its a miracle we havn't ended up in administration. Other clubs who have gone into admin have had their problems obviously, but compared with losing a ground, playing for 2 years in exile, getting an athletics track up to "scratch" AND financing a protracted planning application, I dunno how we've stayed solvent.

Dick Knight and the Directors of this club deserve our eternal gratitude as far as I'm concerned.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dick Knight and the Directors of this club deserve our eternal gratitude as far as I'm concerned.

DEFINITELY

The FACT that DK and his chums came forward in our hour of need when no one else did added to the fact that we actually HAVE a club to support (and moan alot when people like Hammond leave) is down to him and his colleagues.

Yes the fans brought it to national attention but at the end of the day who came forward?

So while people may moan about this, that and the other...just be grateful that we still have a club to support. It could have been so, so different & that dont bear thinking about.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

It does make me laugh that someone who refuses to pay £24 for the Albion at a home match (away tickets contribute nothing towards the club) and moans about paying £18 for a shirt, can criticise a director who has put in a couple of million of his own money and kept the Albion afloat whilst dealing with delaying tactics over a planning permission and dwindling crowds bringing less and less income in.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
By going to home games it would contribute to paying off debts thats true Yorkie.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

To me its sad that there are 'fans' like this out there that really dont understand the situation - the idea that the directors are there to 'reap the rewards' is utter sh!te!!

I mean ' if it wasnt for Falmer we would have gone but a long time ago' what is that all about FFS?!
:tosser:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It does make me laugh that someone who refuses to pay £24 for the Albion at a home match (away tickets contribute nothing towards the club) and moans about paying £18 for a shirt, can criticise a director who has put in a couple of million of his own money and kept the Albion afloat whilst dealing with delaying tactics over a planning permission and dwindling crowds bringing less and less income in.

Indeed. And when people are quite happy to pay that amount on a round of drinks, what is the big deal about paying £24 for a game at Withdean. I hate the place, and have attributed several colds directly to it (I think of a game against Burnley a few seasons ago, and Carlisle last season), but I'm happy to contribute to the club until we get to Falmer. No, I'm not happy with the way that everything is run (I have major reservations over the way the Hammond issue was handled), but I am grateful to still have a club to support. I think you will find that 90% of Football League clubs are in debt to their Directors; only the very top clubs are immune, though take a look at Manchester United, where the Glazers have saddled the club with massive debts. It's not as if the Directors at our club are going to suddenly pull the plug, is it?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
He has done a sterling job in very difficult circumstances, perhaps another question is what would he have done if the trio of Brown, Cook and Bloom not put in excess of £6million into the club over the last 4/5 years?
Whilst Dick should be forever recognised for all he has done for the club perhaps the other three also deserve some plaudits?

We all KNOW Dick Tight HOGS the limelight and REFUSES to allow anyone else to get any THANKS :angry::angry::angry:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Millions of his own money mmmmmmmmm?
You like to think that young lady,figures are there for all to see and the millions from players etc that the club recieved.Dwindling crowds sum up the support most have for the board???

Rose tinted glasses for many on here,im ambitious as are many more albion fans so after 25 years of gloom and zero funds many certainly would give up.

shite stadium
begging bowl out
40 note funds
high ticket prices
lack of transfer funds
selling best players
crap away membership scheme's which are not required???

Yes dick took us over,but he certainly didn't save us from exstinction and he certainly is no angel.The club have huger debts than the bellotti days and the funds for the stadium are dragging on.

To many fans look back and never forwards:shrug:

While we have rotted away dozens of smaller clubs have overtaken us:thud:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

6 million?
so with 6 million+ coming in over the years i,e player sales etc and debts of around 12 million that makes 24 million quid we have spent???

been at the withdean for just under 8 years:shrug:

Now that is rather tosh or serious bad managment:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here