Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you believe in The tooth fairy?

How much do you believe in The tooth fairy?

• I KNOW the tooth fairy exists for a FACT

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE the tooth fairy exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe the tooth fairy exists

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of the tooth fairy's existence

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think TF's existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • The tooth fairy does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not at all. I "know" what will happen, and doesn't worry me at all.

I have been thinking about why those threads annoy me, and it's really based around frustration, either with my inability to explain my basis of thought or, for those on the opposing side of the arguments unwilling to give any ground at all. We're slipping back into the argument here, which I wanted to avoid, but it seems to me (and is of course purely my opinion) that in both the god/conspiracy arguments, the people supporting the concepts seem to "want" to believe, so that all their views are always skewed one way rather than looking at the subjects objectively. Naturally those people will disagree with that, and probably accuse me of precisely the same, which is fair enough.

Thats a pretty good way of explaining it I reckon. Richard Dawkins wrote a very good book on this, and its frustrating trying to summarise whole paragraphs of that into pithy message board arguments. Ultimately its all pointless anyway.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Thats a pretty good way of explaining it I reckon. Richard Dawkins wrote a very good book on this, and its frustrating trying to summarise whole paragraphs of that into pithy message board arguments. Ultimately its all pointless anyway.

Ironically my post on this thread was aimed at finishing my input on the subject, but instead started off again, so I retire gracefully at this point.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Have you read all of the good book and come to that conclusion then? Or have you not honestly given it a chance yet? Have you just listened to the doubters first before giving some serious thought

The "good book" is surely a matter of opinion, I had to read bits of it at school and IMHO it is average at best, just because it's a best seller doesn't mean it's any good. I've read far better fiction in my life e.g. The Hungry Caterpillar or Mr Topsy-Turvy, both cracking reads.

Have you read all of the good book and come to that conclusion then? Or have you not honestly given it a chance yet? Have you just listened to the doubters first before giving some serious thought

Have YOU read all of the disgusting fairy tale you describe as a good book? If so can you explain to me why 2 bears were set onto, and ripped up, 42 children by your lord for the terrible sin of laughing at the fact that someone was bald? I really don't see why laughing at a baldy is a capital offence which, according to your fairy tale, it is.

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It felt like I'd won the lottery when I knocked out most of my teeth, aged 10, falling off my bike down a steep hill. It took a while to pick them all up though.

djm21

Sep 6, 2011
Have YOU read all of the disgusting fairy tale you describe as a good book? If so can you explain to me why 2 bears were set onto, and ripped up, 42 children by your lord for the terrible sin of laughing at the fact that someone was bald? I really don't see why laughing at a baldy is a capital offence which, according to your fairy tale, it is.

At least quote if you're gonna talk crap.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Good book :lolol: One thing to say about Jesus, he explicitly went against the teachings of the Old Testament and forged a new moral path of his own doing. 'The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath'.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
The Tooth Fairy does exist. FACT. :thumbsup:

tooth-fairy-poster-0.jpg

At least quote if you're gonna talk crap.

I'll take that as a no then. Despite your asking Tricky Dicky if he had read your fairy tales you evidently haven't read your fairy tale book otherwise you wouldn't need me to direct you to 2 Kings 2 vs 23:25.

Oops, perhaps you should read your fairy tales yourself before you ask if others have read them.

Now, whos talking crap idiot?

djm21

Sep 6, 2011
I'll take that as a no then. Despite your asking Tricky Dicky if he had read your fairy tales you evidently haven't read your fairy tale book otherwise you wouldn't need me to direct you to 2 Kings 2 vs 23:25.

Oops, perhaps you should read your fairy tales yourself before you ask if others have read them.

I'm reading it from over to cover, on the book of Proverbs right now. Fool!

djm21

Sep 6, 2011

Ask the Jews fool, the OT is their book!

djm21

Sep 6, 2011

Is that all you got pleb?

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I know the tooth fairy exists .. it's the reason why I currently have to keep a spare pound coin at hand, in case the next tooth in line decides to part company. It's a very real job!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have you read all of the good book and come to that conclusion then?

the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy? i've read it many times, its conclusion in the fith part is a very interesting twist on life in a world of quantum physics.

Is that all you got pleb?

So you don't know your book. You asked for a quote, I cited chapter and verses. All you have to do is say 'you vare right, I dont know the bible despite claiming to do so' instead of trying to pretned you do.

Now run along and pray for enlightment, forgiveness and redemption. I suspect that rather like rick perry praying for rain in Texas you'll get a similar result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here