Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much Are You Willing To Pay For Next Season's Season Ticket?

Season Tickets

• £200 = £8.70 per match

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • £230 = £10 per match

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • £250 = £10.87 per match

• £275 = £12 per match

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • £300 = £13 per match

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • £322 = £14 per match

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • £345 = £15 per match

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • £350 = £15.20 per match

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • £368 = £16 per match

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • £400 = £17.40 per match

• £414 = £18 per match

• £450 = £19.57 per match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £460 = £20 per match

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • £563.50 = £24.50 per match

• Happy if the prices are FROZEN

• Why even bother with this, Season ticket prices won't go down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am fed up and not renewing

• I was never going to buy one anyway

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters

No problem with paying the £414 that my ST cost this season; like the SxCCC memberships, it's my financial investment/donation to a club that I've followed for nearly 50 years.
The cost per game is an irrelevance and not the reason I have a ST; I'm a supporter and support for the club, on and off the pitch, is what is neaded now. I just hope that the underwriting shareholders continue to view it this way.???

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think that those who think it will be 300 or less are on another planet. Don't forget the travel voucher is included - rightly or wrongly.

380 / 400 (South Stand Centre) for 23 games and the ability to pay over 6 installments is more realistic IMO

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Can I just say if yoiu think £350 a year is 'reasonable' you are very easily pleased! For the facilities alone, 200 quid is 'reasonable', maybe chuck on another 50 quid sympathy money for the state the clubs in.

Fair point. I think for me £350 is a price I am prepared to pay, and I think it is about the lowest realistic figure to which the club could stoop.

The club have to think very carefully about the price, as anything approaching £400+ will surely see renewals drop well below the 3000 mark, possibly 2000.

They cannot ignore the current economic climate and the 'quality' of what we have had to endure this season, expecting to rely on fans blind loyalty is simply nothing more than emotional blackmail that will not wash after years of overpaying for div 3 football.

Would happily pay £15 per game if they would also let me have a cheap kids ticket where I presently sit, not moving into the family stand. Did request this presviously but to no avail. This way I could bring my boy, his cousins (who currently support Chelsea & Manure) and some other family youngsters, on an alternating basis, and possibly get them converted thus providing potential Albion supporters for the future but guess what? Club not interested!

HCQ

So why would they be unable to support them from the family stand then? There's a fair few of us that manage it already. Seems to me you want your cake and to eat it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
do two year ticket holders get any more benefits than a one year ticket holder would get?

Other than the year on year price (in comparison to last season!) was cheaper. Other than that no.

I think I paid around £760 for it, so if the prices go as low as £380 than I haven't lost anything. I think they need to go a bit lower than that though.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Never bought a season ticket in my life as i go to more away games than home,but i would consider buying one even in league 2 if the price was around £200 whatever happens the club needs to fill withdean somehow next season and i would imagine aquite a few cheapie games in the offing so to my mind i wouldnt pay over £300 no matter how loyal or how many games i could attend next season

Yes and rightly so! I'm the paying customer! Look at it the other way round - why would it be such an issue for the club? If I went to the family stand I dont get to be with the crowd I sit with now and where I have sat since arriving at the Withdean.

HCQ

Sorry mate but that's life. Pay the cheaper rate and sit in the family stand with us or join your mates and pay the going rate. Seems fair enough to me

I feel genuinely agrieved this year following the events post season from last year.

I've followed the Albion since the mid 70's as a teenager and in latter years have been a STH with my son although on an irregular basis depending on my disposable income situation. Those that don't have this concern are lucky as most mere mortals with mortgages, kids etc. and sometimes insecure employment have to make careful decisions as to whether or not to lash out hundreds of pounds on a game of football.

So last year although not a STH I actually managed to see most home and lots of away games - enjoyed what I saw - was encouraged by the Manager and quality of football and therefore took the decision to pay for me and my son to be STH's this year. Now correct me if I'm wrong but the previous Manager was dismissed after most people would have decided for this season?

Without bringing up the bleedin obvious, it would be fair to say this year's STH's have been given poor value for money and personaly I don't think the product I thought I was buying was anything close to what was provided and therefore feel very let down.

As to whether or not we bother with next year will again depend on disposable income but anymore than £300 will not be looked on favorably and me and my son will just have to find something else to do of which there is plenty of choice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Firstly, I realise the club will try and be as realistic and fair as they can.

However, if you were to compare price to standard of football / facilities I would expect us to be in the Top 10 worst value for money in Europe.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is there a list anywhere of English clubs and their comparative Season Ticket prices?

Be interesting to see where we stand.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No more than £350.

Well you're in a very fortunate position then.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Don't see how, all I said was that a cost per game "saving" is not the reason I buy a season ticket?

........... where proposals to reduce the club's income abound but the potential implications (for the club) never get any serious consideration? All sounds a bit introverted and simplistic but that's just my opinion.

Don't see how, all I said was that a cost per game "saving" is not the reason I buy a season ticket?

........... where proposals to reduce the club's income abound but the potential implications (for the club) never get any serious consideration? All sounds a bit introverted and simplistic but that's just my opinion.

Then have a look at 90% of the other posts where the price will be a deciding factor. Seems relevant to them

Then have a look at 90% of the other posts where the price will be a deciding factor. Seems relevant to them

Clearly, that's their view and I've no problem with that.

So if a £100 reduction in ST price (say an income loss of £400K per annum) is proposed then where should the club cut back in order to balance this, the reduced FL money and 60% wage/turnover cap if we're relegated?
e.g.
School & Community programmes?
Sell some assets (Murray, McNulty.........)?
Scrap the reserve/youth teams?
............................?

Or should the shareholders be expected to make up the shortfall regardless?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here