Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How much are you missing football?

Jan 30, 2008
saved loads of money , plus i have another hobby ,PL football not worth a **** imho, loads of plastic two team glory hunters taking the bang on trend approach
regards
DF

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I miss watching players like Neymar being photographed attending fashion shows holding a £7,000 bottle of champagne, wearing sun glasses indoors, forgetting to wear a shirt and socks with his white suit and yellow high heels whilst having a very intellectual, cultured, intelligent lady underneath both of his arms. I also miss reading how he isn't happy on 250k a week anymore.
Hope he's coping okay with the lock down. Thoughts are with you Neymar. Can't be easy for you right now. Miss you loads x

Welcome, that's a great first post :lolol::lolol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I miss sport more at the moment. This season is done. The last game was what 6 or 7 weeks ago so this just feels like the close season. It's been long enough that this season now feels like last season and when we start up again will feel like next season. The real problem is the complete lack of competitive sport to watch in the meantime. Usually the close season is filled by tennis, F1, cricket etc. The fact we have nothing at all is what is getting to me not necessarily the lack of football.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Definitely miss football. Miss meeting friends pre match, the game itself and the post mortem after. Also, because I try and get to four or five Hibs games a season, missing the same stuff with my brother and pals in Edinburgh.

What I've NOT missed is all the constant hype, slavers, bullshit and bollocks in the press or on telly. In fact, it's been a blessing not being bombarded by it.

So I think if I were not able to actually go to games, I may not bother; because my enjoyment of the game apparently quite definitely involves me watching it live with friends.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Watching some of the historical games that are being shown made me think I really do not enjoy Prem footie like I used to - rose tinted glasses and all that but to me there is nothing in the modern game that is better than it used to be and a lot that is worse - I am not talking about ancient footie - more late 80s onwards. I have lost my connection to it, it used to matter now it really doesn't. Missing cricket far more atm. Just my opinion

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not really missing it at all. In the past I've found too much of the sameness in our leagues and I start to get bored, and need to take time off football to get the hunger back. We were on our third year of scraping by just avoiding the bottom three, so this break has probably come at the right time for me. As others have noted, I'd probably be missing it more if we were more successful this year.

As far as non-albion games on TV, I've managed to catch up on some reading and TV/films, showing how much time I waste putting football games on as background noise and not really watching, preventing me from watching other things.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I miss a little flutter on every division in Europe nearly! Even non-league football here. It's a harmless buzz with only a few quid staked a week. Although I seem to have more money - I must be a mug punter! :lolol:

As for attending and watching football on TV - no. There are so many other things in life that are more important right now.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Missing Sunday football with the kids as much as the Albion. Come summer don't miss football, other things to do...

This is one thing I'm definitely not missing, I've got 2 sons at home and the youngest was in his last season of youth football ( under 16s ) He played from age 6, sadly he missed his very last game because the season was cancelled because of the Coronavirus.
I watched the other lad play before the youngest started playing, then I would take 1 lad and my wife the other.

It's nice to have Sunday's back to be honest.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not missing it all that much, surprisingly.

But I am missing the two kids' teams that I coach. My girls should have been playing in a rugby tournament this coming weekend and it will seem strange for them not to be there (we've played at the last three) - however, I don't miss camping overnight, I like the luxury of my bed.

And the cricket team got promoted to the First Division last season so it would have been a new experience for them - I wanted to see how they rose to the challenge. Instead, I'm stuck at home making up fantasy cricket teams. I also would have played at least one match myself by now - it's all rather depressing.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Like most people have said ,i'm missing the social side . Up at the crack of dawn going to some far flung northern town with mates for a decent day out broken up with 90 minutes of turgid football ,that's when we've won. A year ago today i was in Dumfries on a quick trip from Durham. A new ground QOS for me ,an ok game but was more fun wandering round a new town trying different pubs and beers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Like most people have said ,i'm missing the social side . Up at the crack of dawn going to some far flung northern town with mates for a decent day out broken up with 90 minutes of turgid football ,that's when we've won. A year ago today i was in Dumfries on a quick trip from Durham. A new ground QOS for me ,an ok game but was more fun wandering round a new town trying different pubs and beers.

When Brighton have lost ( again ) I usually say, a good days drinking ruined by the football. :smile:
I come back from some non league games and I can't remember the result.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I miss 80's 90's BHA football, nothing new there.

We went to a Shoreham game and subsequently weaned ourselves off. TBH I'm missing footbAll at lower levels. I'm not missing the unavoidable stress of being a BHA supporter. I never used to give a shit about the result past 5 O'clock, what happened just happened, maybe it was being young and just wanting your club to survive . . . .but for some reason these days it's totally different. The stakes are higher but for very different reasons, and I don't enjoy it as much.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I miss 80's 90's BHA football, nothing new there.

We went to a Shoreham game and subsequently weaned ourselves off. TBH I'm missing footbAll at lower levels. I'm not missing the unavoidable stress of being a BHA supporter. I never used to give a shit about the result past 5 O'clock, what happened just happened, maybe it was being young and just wanting your club to survive . . . .but for some reason these days it's totally different. The stakes are higher but for very different reasons, and I don't enjoy it as much.

My 17 year old son is always optimistic before a PL game, whereas when Mansour’s Citeh or Chelsea roll into town, with an more analytical/cynical mind I can’t see how we’ll get three points. But with our results over the last 18 months, even he’s lost a bit of that spark ..... Amex wins being such a rarity. Modern football can be a bummer, unless your owner spends shedloads on top players.

All of which explains an often quiet Amex, 27,000 philosophically taking it on the chin, before the early mad dash for park n ride or trains.

With the occasional high, Brighton 3 - 0 Spurs, superb for me.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The after-match coach at the Amex has lately been a vehicle of despair, quiet and sombre. We keep coming back though, season tickets at all four grounds the Albion have had to call home and these days, after 50 years of support, perhaps 30 games a year. We love it still, although if this season ends in relegation via an absurd sequence of silent and passionless games conducted for reasons of contractual expediency then that, I fear, could be the beginning of the end of our long long story.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
When Brighton have lost ( again ) I usually say, a good days drinking ruined by the football. :smile:
I come back from some non league games and I can't remember the result.

:lolol::lolol: Our resident loon from Aberdeen often ended up like this after a day out ,missing trains ,planes and ending up anywhere but Aberdeen . Often he'd not find the score till he looked in a paper on Sunday . The turning point came after a dodgy rough sleep in Glasgow in September 18 after a game at Fylde ,he hasn't touched a drop since .Good man ,though bar midweek games he didn't miss a game this season .Watching Aldershot without a beer :eek:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
The football usually ruins the drinking, so nope not missing it at all. :shrug::ban:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here