Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

How much are YOU enjoying this season?

• Immensely

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • It’s okay…

Votes: 52 15.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 166 50.3%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 69 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought this thread was going to be a genuine question to gauge the present views of supporters. How come it has it degenerated so quickly into a bitch-fest? :shrug:

See below

Probably because people are calling anyone unhappy with the manager dinosaurs, idiots, or condescending crap like this

Yes, quite. The level of condescending arrogance across multiple threads and posts is quite staggering. It equates to "WE understand football and YOU don't". I even got accused of it on whatsapp last night.

We're fans with an opinion that comes from observing multiple matches with the benefit of slow mo replays and varying quality of punditry from "experts". Do I think I know more than Potter about football? No. Does that make my opinion as a fan invalid? No. Does it make me a dinosaur? Of course not.

Perhaps [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] and the others should start "Hipster Football Stand Chat" where they can spend all day eulogising about how passing it five yards round the back in our own half will turn us into Barcelona in thirty years time and there's a bear pit for them to disagree with each other on the significance of Squaka tweaking their xG algorithm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
See below

Yes, quite. The level of condescending arrogance across multiple threads and posts is quite staggering. It equates to "WE understand football and YOU don't". I even got accused of it on whatsapp last night.

We're fans with an opinion that comes from observing multiple matches with the benefit of slow mo replays and varying quality of punditry from "experts". Do I think I know more than Potter about football? No. Does that make my opinion as a fan invalid? No. Does it make me a dinosaur? Of course not.

Perhaps [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] and the others should start "Hipster Football Stand Chat" where they can spend all day eulogising about how passing it five yards round the back in our own half will turn us into Barcelona in thirty years time and there's a bear pit for them to disagree with each other on the significance of Squaka tweaking their xG algorithm.

Now now, you are doing much the same from the opposite viewpoint now :wink:

One thing I think we might all agree on is that this has been the most frustrating season EVER....so far?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
see below

yes, quite. The level of condescending arrogance across multiple threads and posts is quite staggering. It equates to "we understand football and you don't". I even got accused of it on whatsapp last night.

We're fans with an opinion that comes from observing multiple matches with the benefit of slow mo replays and varying quality of punditry from "experts". Do i think i know more than potter about football? No. Does that make my opinion as a fan invalid? No. Does it make me a dinosaur? Of course not.

Perhaps [mention=7]mustafa[/mention] and the others should start "hipster football stand chat" where they can spend all day eulogising about how passing it five yards round the back in our own half will turn us into barcelona in thirty years time and there's a bear pit for them to disagree with each other on the significance of squaka tweaking their xg algorithm.

purepng.com-dinosaurdinosauranimal-dinosaurdinosaursbig-dinosaur-1701527761063cqek1.png8d05ecefa674e4b35a849d7535a3ef1a-green-hipster-man-beard-by-vexels.png

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
That is an interesting point.

But our aspirations have changed.

Under Hughton - we were expected to be fighting relegation until the very end. None of us believed we were any better than that.

But now, we believe that we can be mid-table, at least. We now criticise the players because it's quite clear many of them are not of mid-table Premier League ability. We only have a handful of players that would even get into the Arsenal team, for example. The fact that this seems like a bad thing now, shows how far we've come and how our aspirations are so much greater now.

We have a good squad for beating relegation, no doubt about it, which is why we probably will. If we really do believe we can finish mid-table next season, then we have to accept many of our current players are not good enough and need to be replaced.

There we have it, it's no wonder people have been disappointed this season because as supporters we have been sold a bigger dream than just existing in the Premier League,

our aspirations and expectations are far higher now but should they be? It's a tough ruthless division and so far Potter isn't cutting it, only time will tell..

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
There we have it, it's no wonder people have been disappointed this season because as supporters we have been sold a bigger dream than just existing in the Premier League,

our aspirations and expectations are far higher now but should they be? It's a tough ruthless division and so far Potter isn't cutting it, only time will tell..

personaly, i can't see how hughts could've gotten us up to midtable, but potter might!

it's the hope that kills ya, one helluva journey tho'

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I do feel history has been rewritten about the Hughton era to suit the case for Potter doing an 'incredible' job at 'transforming' the club. The wheels only really fell off in the last 5 months or so.

As for the original question, absolutely hating it. There is an article in the Athletic today that sums it up perfectly. When we do win we are constantly told that 'at last we get the points our football deserves' but i struggle to see a team deserving to win if they don't score while giving away cheap goals.

Not a fan of armchair football, VAR or the 20-21 season at all. Yet, bizarrely, can't wait for the Euros if only to have a totally different side find new ways to frustrate the hell out of me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Christ on a bike. If you think England with Southgate is going to be less frustrating than Albion, i worry for you.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As a Brighton fan, that is.

Taking EVERYTHING into account - the league, our style of play, the media coverage of Albion, our players, the goals and the results.

It’s been crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
To be honest it's turned into the same season as the previous ones in the Prem - gut churningly frustrating and always hoping that certain other teams lose to cover up our failings. Lessons don't seem to have been learnt and will have to consider very hard whether to renew my season tickets regardless of which league we are in.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As has been said it is the hope that gets you.... If we were in Sheffield United's or WBA's position then you know it's not going to happen but this is slow torture , we are playing football and had the good period around Christmas which perks you up only to be knocked down . If we were hammered then it because acceptable but to be so close but so far is painful.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We can’t go to games. I haven’t even celebrated a goal properly in over a year. It doesn’t feel right in my own house.

You don’t know how good you’ve got it until you’ve lost it. I don’t know how non-football supporters get through their Saturdays without the pure euphoria of a football match to enjoy.

Oh, and also Brighton are goal difference off the drop zone too, which isn’t great either.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Absolute classic right there.

- start arrogant thread
- bounce it with lots of "cheers lads" when it's going your way
- arrogance turning to defensiveness when a few people point out what it really is
- get thread locked

Why are you instigating again? I can point out more than a few instances of your uncapped arrogance.

You’re a mod, act like one.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We had a few good results but only been soundly beaten a few times. ( Name them? Leicester away, Everton) compare that with Liverpool, been thrashed 7- 2 by Villa lost to several relegation candidates at ' Fortress Anfield ' We have drawn many we should have won and lost several we could have got at least a point. Unlucky Brighton.....no we have got what we have deserved. Are we playing well? Most of the time but lack a killer instinct. Have i enjoyed this season? Its Ok we are competing in a very large pond & being smallfry just about surviving ATM

Not much. Feel we have the best squad of players ever and we’ve been constantly underperforming. And then the extraordinary scale of pOtTeRbAlL gaslighting you are subjected to is the shit cherry on the cake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here