Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many years have you supported BHAFC ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Got my first scarf knitted by my auntie in 1973, got a blue and white striped football shirt (not albion as replica shirts didnt exist in those days) in 1974, first 'old school' albion bag (the cloth ones like old style flight bags) in 1975, first reserve game in 1976, first first team match in 1978

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
first game 1974 v hereford we won 4-2 hooked ever since

Err twas 6 December 1975 akshually. I know coz it was my first proper game (seat in the west stand and everything

Last edited:

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Only 2 as a ST holder (JCL) before that random games as I played Footy most Saturdays - 1st Albion match was 1978 and always 'followed' Brighton since moving south as always thought I was the next Peter Ward (minus the hair, the skill and the goals) ! :)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
my 1st game was notts county 18th september 1971,birthday treat from what i can remember,1-1 (sully)

went a few times after that,that season,once the old man gave me the all clear to go with my older brothers

2 games that stick in the memory are hillingdon in the cup won 7-1!

and the villa game,jumping up and down,just trying to see the match,the goldstone was packed

i know i didn't go to the bournemouth game or rochdale

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
First game was 10 December 1955 - F A Cup at home starting two o'clock I think as we had no lights. Lost 2 - 1 to Norwich City.

I can still remember our England 'B' international full back grabbing the shirt of a Norwich forward on the half way line and holding on to it until the penalty area, when he fell over rather convemiently to earn the wiinning penalty.

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Not sure but at least 55 years as I used to get the bus from outside my house in Vale rd Seaford when I was 10. Got off at Hove railway station and over the bridge to walk to the Goldstone South stand. Too old to remember 1st game but remember taking my 3 year old daughter many years later and I think we beat Bolton 3-1 that day, could big Sam have played that day

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Not sure but at least 55 years as I used to get the bus from outside my house in Vale rd Seaford when I was 10. Got off at Hove railway station and over the bridge to walk to the Goldstone South stand. Too old to remember 1st game but remember taking my 3 year old daughter many years later and I think we beat Bolton 3-1 that day, could big Sam have played that day

i don't think he did,not listed in the programme anyway

1st september 1979,neil mcnab played though,whatmore,gowling & cantello

brighton scorers were horton,clark & wardy att:20,153

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
think fat sam did play in that game

you could be right

believe it or not,the following home game v.ipswich which would of had a report on the game,is the only programme i've got missing from that season!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
big sam did play in the 77-78 game at the goldstone,when bolton played in red,beat us 2-1 only home defeat all season,in front of 27k

AndyJD1611

Feb 4, 2012
Hassocks
8 years. Started getting interested in football when I was 11, I was looking at all the teams in the Premier League and couldn't decide who to support, so looked to see who was the closest league team to where I lived, and it was Brighton!
First game was Bradford in 2004 I think. Main thing I remember was the appalling Rail Replacement buses! We lost 1-0 and hit the crossbar.
I've never had a season ticket, mainly because I could never afford. I go to games probably once a month.

48 years, and counting. First game that I watched at the Goldstone was the 1-1 draw against Chesterfield on 21st September 1963. Albion's goal was scored by Johnny Goodchild (who was that season's top scorer with fifteen in League and FA Cup). Stood in the East Terraces, southern end, near the front.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2: 50 shirt 001.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here