Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many would we take to the Play Off Final?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I reckon somewhere around 18,000 to 20,000.

In 91 it was:
- the first division playoff, not the second
- at Wembley, not Cardiff
- in the era when home crowds were around 14,000, and the turn-up-on-the-day ethos of casual supporting was the norm. Our exile at Gillingham, the low capacity of Withdean and the whole ticket-only/AMS restrictuve nature of seeing the Albion over the past few years etc has chipped away at that casual supporter bases.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The average gate for season 90/91 was 8,718 for league games, one of the lowest average attendances for decades. We got a crowd of 6,468 for a crunch game against Blackburn Rovers in the middle of March and then followed it up with a gate of 6,676 for the game against West Brom.
If the tickets went on general sale and we had a good result in the play-offs (like we did against Millwall in 91) then i'd expect us to sell 30,000. People always turn up for the big games and then piss off for the normal, run-of-the-mill ones.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
Not much of an attraction!!

I spent Xmas up there and had a blinding time.

You've been evrywhere tho mate !! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

My family would be there (4), and I'm sure some mates would come along as well.

I reckon even my Brother would go to that one.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'd love to think we would take 35,000 - but to be honest I would say somewhere between 20,000 - 25,000.

I'll even try and drag my old man along, and my brother in law who lives in Bristol - so there should be 3 of us.

We must do our best to fill the stadium. There's nothing worse than thousands of empty seats.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
The real question is how will they allocate the tickets?
Will it be on the same disgraceful ballot - let everyone have a fair chance - system as for the Grimsby game last season or will the club actually allocate the tickets in a way that ensures the real fans are guaranteed one?.

The only allocation system that I have heard of that comes close to ours is the Bolton fiasco for the Carling Cup Final.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They'd probably allocate something like:

2 per Season Ticket Holder.

Then a couple of days later 2 per Away Membership Member(?)

Then general sale

they'd get them all out within 2 weeks, say Early June :glare:

Last edited:

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Living near Cardiff & being in town for many of the finals of the past few years I can't overstate what a buzz it is - for the whole city & not just the stadium. I'd usually take a walk through the city centre just to soak up the atmosphere - for teams I wouldn't normally give a toss about - & would dream of it being Brighton there - I think I'd weep if we made it!

Wembley had the tradition but The Millenium is a STUNNING place to make a noise & to turn blue & white. All the city centre pubs & bars are within walking distance of the Stadium making the whole experience so much more self-contained than North London could ever be. If anyone is serious about thinking it a long way to go for a game (I don't believe you do really), think again; it would be a day you would never forget!! In fact I think it an almost better way to go up than as Champions, but then we've been there, done that...

But hey, we gotta get there first..

Nobby Lawton

Jan 6, 2004
I went a couple of years ago to watch the Rushden Cheltenham playoff. Brilliant day out with the family and a couple of Rushden supporters.

Amazing stadium and great atmosphere even though only half full (Rushden have no fans)- it would be great to be with thousands of seagulls fans in the stadium and celebrate promotion.
No real fans will say its too far!.

:drink: :drink:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
anyone have an idea how much a ticket at millenium stadium costs?

ill get an albion one when we reach the final(we will) and probably buy and arsenal f.a cup one his year aswell. :drink:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You will be amazed how many would come out of the woodwork.I think we would get a coach load with about 30 Albion fans,10 football fans and 10 people who love a piss up on a good day out.I think we would near enough sell out.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
A lot of my mates who regularly went to The Goldstone have got out of the habit of watching the Albion,but most of them would go to Cardiff.On that basis I think we'd take around 30,000,

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
anyone have an idea how much a ticket at millenium stadium costs?

Not sure now, But mate went to Div 1 play off final in 2001 and his ticket cost £44. Let's hope we get there - Albion v QPR would be nice, that would ensure a maximum turnout from Albion fans surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here