Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many to Swindon?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In the last two years our away attendances have gone up about 30%,if you takeaway the season before last it's about 40%:)

The year we won the league with ease and then the year we were in the Championship, which bigger grounds and higher profile games?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
4 days later we are away to Hull so it's no contest for me. Hull is the game I shall be going to.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
My son and I will grab a couple of beers and walk down the road to the game. My shortest trip of the season

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
We are behind the goal, but if the weather isn't good on the day then we'll be in the Arkells. That was what the chap in the ticket office told me, and has been confirmed from the Swindon end as well. I think the idea of having us behind the goal is for the TV audience, it's the only game on and it's the first game on for quite a while. Presumably, they're expecting a reasonable audience and they don't want their nice, bright stand behind the goal looking abandoned. I might be wrong about that.

watched the Olympics have you ? What's their excuse ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
empty stands ??

That is the most tenuous link imaginable! :lolol: Magnificently random. But now that I know what you're talking about, I'm still a bit baffled by what you're trying to get at. If you think that they would sell out, or get close to it, considering the match, you're being very harsh. We beat them almost every time at the County Ground, it's a tuesday night, it's on TV and they've got a glamour home friendly with Crystal Palace the week before....

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
Is there a nice place to park, safe and not too far to walk.
You can park at the ground if your early, if not plenty of multi-story parking within a 10 mins walk. The Merlin Pub just up the road from the ground(past the fire station) is the "away" pub.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
That is the most tenuous link imaginable! :lolol: Magnificently random. But now that I know what you're talking about, I'm still a bit baffled by what you're trying to get at. If you think that they would sell out, or get close to it, considering the match, you're being very harsh. We beat them almost every time at the County Ground, it's a tuesday night, it's on TV and they've got a glamour home friendly with Crystal Palace the week before....

having that strange thing on here.........a laugh .......I'm sure they could sell it out no worries, but having been one of those there the last time, think I'll stay by the tele .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here