Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many to Swindon?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Over a thousand, SURELY. ??? I know it's on TV, and it's a tuesday night, but even so, it's the first proper game of the season and it's not a difficult place to get to. Plus it's a chance to see Paolo Di Canio get quite upset.

Would you believe, I'm rather looking forward to it. :clap: They won't be able to handle Vicente (I pray he plays).

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Doubt it. We took just over a thousand there when it was the first league game of the season, on a Saturday and not on tv. 624 for me.

We now have over 22,000 fans week in week out at home, I expect at least 1000 to travel 2 hours away on a Tuesday night.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yup another couple here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
500 at the most. It's on tv, midweek, a cup game and the stand is behind the goal so if it's wet, you'll get soaked.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's a weeknight, it's on TV and it involves spending time in Swindon, I'll pass.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When was it changed? The last time I read about it, we are behind the goal.

We are behind the goal, but if the weather isn't good on the day then we'll be in the Arkells. That was what the chap in the ticket office told me, and has been confirmed from the Swindon end as well. I think the idea of having us behind the goal is for the TV audience, it's the only game on and it's the first game on for quite a while. Presumably, they're expecting a reasonable audience and they don't want their nice, bright stand behind the goal looking abandoned. I might be wrong about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here