Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many teams have you seen the Albion play?

How many of the 91 football league clubs have you seen against the Albion?

• Total voters

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
Cant believe I've racked up 85 and thats with 10 in the conference.

It is about time we play Everton again, every FA Cup, League Cup round where they are in I hope we play them, every time disappointed, although with Mr Bloom at the helm we might just be 2 seasons from the promised land.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Only...
Accrington
Aston Villa
Bolton
Dag & Red
Everton
Middlesbro
Morecambe
Newcastle
West Brom
...left for me to tick off.

A personal bugbear of mine is that I've never seen us play at West Ham - the last ground in London that I've not seen us at apart from the Emirates.

I'm guessing there are SUPERFAN badges to be handed out for those who've seen us play against Everton. :bowdown:

EDITED...because I'm a SPACKO who somehow forgot the, erm, 1983 cup final and replay...

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bloody hell how do people remember all this? I must admit when I first went to away games as a young man I started counting the grounds I'd been to, but I stopped when I realised that I was turning into the sad football equivalent of a train-spotter. All I know is I've been to 'most' league clubs and a fair few non-league ones given the demise of clubs like Halifax and York.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Bloody hell how do people remember all this? I must admit when I first went to away games as a young man I started counting the grounds I'd been to, but I stopped when I realised that I was turning into the sad football equivalent of a train-spotter. All I know is I've been to 'most' league clubs and a fair few non-league ones given the demise of clubs like Halifax and York.

Same here.I have not even thought about it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I put down 92+ Barrow, Workington, etc were in the Football League then. Oxford United had replaced Accrington Stanley.

At the time, I was young and Oxford United match was only my first 20,000+ crowd at the Goldstone following the 20,000+ against Barrow on the opening day of the season in Division 4.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So is there ANYONE on here who's seen us playing against Everton?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
So is there ANYONE on here who's seen us playing against Everton?

Er, yes thank you - all the home games and one trip to Goodison between 79 and 83. Goodison being one of the grounds I would only return to if the game 'mattered'. So anyone over about 35 has a chance of having seen us play the Toffees.

Villa we played 70-71, 71/-72, 72-73 as well as the four seasons in the top flight. Never seen us play Accrington, Dag and Red or Morecombe as I don't think we have played any of them in competitive matches.

Down the pyramid - several in the Blue Square, Halifax, Scarborough (wherever those two arr now) Leatherhead, Sudbury, Kingstonian (are they still going?)

Been to over 120 grounds with the Albion but that includes new stadia.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Villa

85 for me. I'm another one who's missing Everton. Couldn't remember ever having seen us play Villa, either.

Villa was memorable in the season they won the League Division One. I think we won in a game without too much atmosphere although the Villa fans seemed to think it was quite intimidating.

And I don't suppose you around for the memorable game in 71?

Have we ever played Morecambe, Dagenham, Accrington ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Accrington
Blackpool
Chester
Dag & Red
Darlington
Morecambe

Blimey, that is scary. If we hadnt moved down here and ended up in Canada like my Dad wanted seemly, that would have saved me a fortune

Oh and I have been to quite a few old and new stadiums, like Leeds Road and the McAlpine, The Ricoh and Highfield Road( ?) Pride Park and the baseball Ground, Roker Park ( shithole full of homicidal thugs) and The Stadium of Light ( or whatever the place is called)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Arsenal
Barnet
Barnsley
Birmingham
Blackburn
Blackpool
Bolton
Bournemouth
Bradford
Brentford
Brighton
Bristol C
Bristol R
Burnley
Bury
C Palace
Cardiff
Carlisle
Charlton
Cheltenham
Chester
Chesterfield
Colchester
Coventry
Crewe
Darlington
Derby
Doncaster
Exeter
Fulham
Gillingham
Grimsby
Hartlepool
Hereford
Huddersfield
Hull
Ipswich
Leeds
Leicester
Leyton Orient
Lincoln
Liverpool
Macclesfield
Man Utd
Middlesbro
Millwall
Newcastle
Northampton
Norwich
Nottm Forest
Notts Co
Oldham
Peterborough
Plymouth
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Preston
QPR
Reading
Rochdale
Rotherham
Scunthorpe
Sheff Utd
Sheff Wed
Shrewsbury
Southampton
Southend
Stockport
Stoke
Sunderland
Swansea
Swindon
Tottenham
Tranmere
Walsall
Watford
West Brom
West Ham
Wigan
Wolves
Wycombe
Yeovil

82 for me - including a couple of pre-season friendlies.

Yoda

English & European
About 65. Not 100% sure as I can't remember all the home games. May well be more.

If it were just away games 46 from that list.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Haven't got a scooby. I know I've seen us play at 52 different grounds, and I'm guessing that as I've been going since 1974 I must have seen us play most teams by now with a few obvious exceptions like Acrrington & Morecombe.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm definitely missing Accrington, Daggers, Morecambe and Burton, and I just can't remember ever seeing Bury, but must have done when we were in the 3rd Division in the seventies and nineties

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here