Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many teams have left a game against the Albion feeling that they should have

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
got a better result?

I can't help thinking that we have just not had the rub of the green this season. Sure we have contributed to some frustrating results with woeful finishing but we have also hit the bar or the post on quite a few occasions and keepers have pulled of quality saves to deny us.

I'm struggling to think of games that we should have lost but didn't, Blackpool is the only one that immediately springs to mind. Millwall and Watford maybe we got a bit of luck? Most games that we have drawn we should have won, Leeds, Bolton. The game against Hull we were really unlucky to lose I thought.

What others??

If things balance up over a season we are gonna go on one hell of a run sometime soon :wink:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't know how missing penalties, one on ones, tap ins and open goals can be seen as 'not having the rub of the green'.

Our strikers haven't been doing their jobs. End of.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Blackpool should have hammered us

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
got a better result?

I can't help thinking that we have just not had the rub of the green this season. Sure we have contributed to some frustrating results with woeful finishing but we have also hit the bar or the post on quite a few occasions and keepers have pulled of quality saves to deny us.

I'm struggling to think of games that we should have lost but didn't, Blackpool is the only one that immediately springs to mind. Millwall and Watford maybe we got a bit of luck? Most games that we have drawn we should have won, Leeds, Bolton. The game against Hull we were really unlucky to lose I thought.

What others??

If things balance up over a season we are gonna go on one hell of a run sometime soon :wink:

Could not agree more with your quote - all over leeds - i would add the game against wolves where we should have won because we had a minute left - they scored with nearly the last kick of the game like bolton. Although watching the game a draw was fair. i would say lost points:
leeds 2 points lost
bolton 2 points lost
wolves 2 points lost
hull 1 point lost
7 points than minus 1 point from the blackpool game which i agree we should have lost - so really 6 more points than we have would be fair IMO
We have dominated other teams although the above are true points lost.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I don't know which one feels worse.. Walking away thinking the team should have won or walking away thinking we didn't deserve to win. On one hand you can think "at least we played well" but on the other hand you have the frustration of players not taking their chances.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't know how missing penalties, one on ones, tap ins and open goals can be seen as 'not having the rub of the green'.

This.

Oh and ipswich battered us first half.

I don't think it's just the strikers; we are generally not clinical in front of goal and this applies to all 10 outfield players, together with two central defenders offering little/no offensive threat both at set pieces and in open play. To me the latter seems down to slowness of thought and lack of ability on the ball (in any ratio).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think it's just the strikers; we are generally not clinical in front of goal and this applies to all 10 outfield players, together with two central defenders offering little/no offensive threat both at set pieces and in open play. To me the latter seems down to slowness of thought and lack of ability on the ball (in any ratio).

Our set piece play is truly dire, probably because we have the least presence in the box of any team in this league!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here