Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many spam e-mails have YOU received purporting to come from HM Revenue & Customs?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Loads - but if you look at the e-mail address they will not actually be addressed to you. They are just fishing for the few tax evaders who will panic at being "found out".

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
None so far but apparently Micosoft have a lot of lotteries. I also have a very nice Russian 'Lady' (probably a bloke) try to scam me recently. Nice looking girl. What I cannot understand is how anybody can believe that somebody they have never heard of or a competition they have never entered be taken seriously, however there must be people that gullible (make that stupid).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
None so far but apparently Micosoft have a lot of lotteries. I also have a very nice Russian 'Lady' (probably a bloke) try to scam me recently. Nice looking girl. What I cannot understand is how anybody can believe that somebody they have never heard of or a competition they have never entered be taken seriously, however there must be people that gullible (make that stupid).

99.999% of people are sussed enough not to fall in the trap but it only takes one gullible soul to believe and the rewards are huge (for minimal outlay)

Here's one lucky scammer who pocketed 400 grand...

Woman loses $400k in huge '419' fraud - Techworld.com

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
99.999% of people are sussed enough not to fall in the trap but it only takes one gullible soul to believe and the rewards are huge (for minimal outlay)

Here's one lucky scammer who pocketed 400 grand...

Woman loses $400k in huge '419' fraud - Techworld.com

To be honest it's a little hard to feel sorry for these people because it's down to their greed as much as their stupidity.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy

I can't be the only person waiting with baited breath for Simster to join this thread. Can I?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Probably 10 in the last 24 hrs. It's interesting to hear other people are getting lots of these - I thought it was because I'm an accountant.

It's looks to be an American source, judging by the grammar and spelling and, anyway, the hmrc website is hmrc.gov.uk, which is not mentioned in the spam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here