Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many serious fist fights have you had ?

How many serious Fist fights have you had

Votes: 32 38.1%

Votes: 10 11.9%

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 3/4

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • 5+

Votes: 23 27.4%

• Total voters

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No suprise there Looney.Bet you lost most as well.You want to add another one to your collection:wave:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Just had the one, it was a proper street brawl between about 8 people - I threw one punch (I don't think it even registered) and got punched in the face about four times, I was more in between the seasoned fighters bouncing on my toes trying to look involved.

Haven't put myself in that situation since as it wasn't pleasant although been in a few sticky situations at away games in the past.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Only 2, 1 was when I was 16. One was at the Oasis concert this yr in Milton Keynes. Dirty Manc scum. It was more of a rumble really as it was 2 of us fighting 3 of them. Good fun in the end cos 20 mins later we were all pally.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I'm 25 now and haven't had a ruck for about 18 months. Lost count of all the fights I've been in but I'd guess it's well over 50! Most when I was a teenager but I never really grew out of it. I was nicked after a game at Reading and realised the drinking, my own attitude, and that of the twats I hang around with doing me no good. I'm wouldn't class myself as a reformed character but realise how stupid it all was.

I've taken 1 serious and 1 minor kicking, thankfully both when hammered.

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
y2dave said:
I'm 25 now and haven't had a ruck for about 18 months. Lost count of all the fights I've been in but I'd guess it's well over 50! Most when I was a teenager but I never really grew out of it. I was nicked after a game at Reading and realised the drinking, my own attitude, and that of the twats I hang around with was doing me no good. I wouldn't class myself as a reformed character but realise how stupid it all was.

I've taken 1 serious and 1 minor kicking, thankfully both when hammered.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Used to like watching the drunks try and kick the punch-bag-o-meter at the fair. Hopeless. Even better were the headbutters....

I should clarify that my military career accounts for many punch ups - not in the habit of settling too many disputes at work with fists these days - and my sporting career includes playing Rugby for Horsham and Sussex Colts (when I was much younger, obviously) and also being a Hockey player (goalkeeper) - also more than 15 years of various martial arts and the usual "let's do this full contact and see what happens" stupidity. Not too many fights outside of this (ie no hoolie shite, no drunken pub crap either), and only a couple at school, by virtue of being a big skinhead bastard which discouraged all but the idiots from having a pop.

Violence really solves very little.

HampshireSeagulls said:

Violence really solves very little.

:lolol:

With an attitude like that I think you may have made some poor career choices.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
algie said:
No suprise there Looney.Bet you lost most as well.You want to add another one to your collection:wave:

Haven't lost a fight since my teens short stuff.

Jul 20, 2003
duffed a couple of people up in my mid teens (they we're asking for it)

got moderately tuned up twice in my early 20s in Leeds, mouthing off at the locals is not best advised

returned to form in my mid 20s giving a dickhead in Bedford a fully justified right royal pasting (policman's comments 'jesus, which one of you is Bruce Lee')

a mixed career and one I am glad to have put behind me

Jul 20, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
Hm - I used to like Bedford. The locals can be amusing.....

when I lived there there was a Man U supporters shop in the town centre

:nono:

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Lokki 7 said:
Had a similar experience. Was so pissed I thought it would be a good idea to show off my skills against one of those punch bag-ometer type things. I took an almighty swing, missed, fell over and knocked myself out.

Are you from Littlehampton ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here