Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points clear by Xmas?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Looking at the table as it stands even if we win every game we will be lucky to pull out more than one point a game. There are 8 teams below us with between 23 and 21 and 5 of them have 23 or 22 points, we win and one of them win then its only an extra point.

I would settle for 8 points clear of second at the start of the new year but 13 points clear of 3rd

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
I would settle for the 8 points we have today, Its hard to keep our feet on the ground so 10-15 would be a very nice x-mas prezzi.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I always feel nervous about this points business. huddersfield ( managed by steve bruce) were top by 14 points at Christmas going into the Premiership.....they played Liverpool in the cup and lost 2-0 at home, and hardly got another win...lost out on the last day of the season at Fulham and missedthe playoffs !!!

So long as we keep playing the way we are, with intelligence, passion and abilty, we should fear nobody

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

I always feel nervous about this points business. huddersfield ( managed by steve bruce) were top by 14 points at Christmas going into the Premiership.....they played Liverpool in the cup and lost 2-0 at home, and hardly got another win...lost out on the last day of the season at Fulham and missedthe playoffs !!!

So long as we keep playing the way we are, with intelligence, passion and abilty, we should fear nobody

Mmm, history is littered with teams who make a flying start, and can't see it through.

Personally, I'd like to see us repeat Reading's feat of 4 or 5 years ago, and lose a game right at the start of the season (as we did), and then not lose again for the rest of the season.

But you have to say at the moment, we don't look like getting beaten cheaply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here