Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many pints of Harveys were pulled today?.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was talking with the Harvey's tech chap and he told me they used 50 x 18's which is 7200 pints. To put this in perspective, he told me it's more than they sell in Lewes in a year! They had 60 x 18's to last for today and Tuesday night so 10 left. They are now on plan B lol

Which is probably to suck it straight out of the Ouse and bottle it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Completely sold out of Harveys in the East Stand by about 02:10pm. Well there was a rumour that the kiosk at the north end had some, but the other two and the mobile bars were empty. Queued up for a bit at the one remaining kiosk I hadn't tried, but gave up as time was passing and i wanted to be in my seat well before 03:00 to experience the pre-match atmosphere - something that obviously was never a factor at Withdean.

Had to wait until afterwards when I were proper gasping.

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
I was talking with the Harvey's tech chap and he told me they used 50 x 18's which is 7200 pints. To put this in perspective, he told me it's more than they sell in Lewes in a year! They had 60 x 18's to last for today and Tuesday night so 10 left. They are now on plan B lol

Sorry Mr Lewes Seagull, but I would say Mr Harveys Tech chap needs to stick to being technical, because that is a load of tosh. That works out to 19 pints a day being sold in Lewes!!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Had 4 in the East Stand, there were loads being drunk and loads available

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
Sorry Mr Lewes Seagull, but I would say Mr Harveys Tech chap needs to stick to being technical, because that is a load of tosh. That works out to 19 pints a day being sold in Lewes!!!

I think he meant in a Lewes pub!, not the entire town, but he was excited at the time. And I think you know him. Initials MR

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think he meant in a Lewes pub!, not the entire town,

would that be a pub thats being boycotted, because it still doesnt sound right. maybe in a month.

eitherway, its a shed load of ale though for a bunch of lager louts.

the freestanding kiosks was definatly the way to get Harveys, the food counters seemed to have one barrel and i think if you ordered at the wrong end they'd say there wasnt any.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
My idea of Heaven would be sitting watching the Albion with pints of Harveys on tap. Must have died yesterday because I found Heaven. The beer was good value too at £3.60 a pint and it is really sumptuously luvverly!

Still glowing in the warmth from the day!

Seagulls

TNBA

TTF

The Harveys was nice and the little kiosks are a fantastic idea but they could do with being cashless too.
Anyone on here know when we will have Darkstar on the concourses too?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

That has got to be nonsense. 365 days in a year - conservatively 10 pubs that sell Harveys in the town - which means they sell 2 pints of Harveys each a year? Hmmm [apols - manic maths of the original poster already noted above. General observation - I would think the club were surpriosed by the popularity of the real ale - it does go a bit against the norm in venues of this size and type. I would imagine that Harveys will get this sorted very quickly and have more - and more widely - available for future games. Demand n Supply innit! What I really liked was the willingness of people to stay after the game and chat over a pint. I hope that carries on and builds as an idea, could make the Amex very special.

Last edited by a moderator:

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
The refreshment kiosk in South East Corner (visible from west stand) - who does this serve?? - never ever see anyone there?? Must have some Harveys left

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone on here know when we will have Darkstar on the concourses too?

It seems to have gone quiet on the Dark Star front. It would be great if they could get some Dark Star minibars alongside the Harveys.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Next time you talk to Attila could you ask him to ensure the daft fucks don't run out of beer half an hour after they open. Cheers.
Was this in Dick's? They did run out of Harvey's at some point but replenished pretty quickly. I think they ran out of Dark Star completely tho.

What did everyone else think of the Albion Ale? I had a couple to toast the stadium but switched to the Harvey's - didn't like it much!

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
For those wondering about Dark Star, taken from Twitter:

wearebrighton We Are Brighton
[MENTION=15964]Darkstar[/MENTION]brewco When can we expect Dark Star at The Amex?

Darkstarbrewco Dark Star Brewery

@wearebrighton not sure what happened, was PR'd as a 50/50 split with Harveys. Had a meet yesterday to try and resolve - doing our best

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The problem is with the staff or lack of management or possibly both. Basically you can ask one of them about something and be told one thing and ask another 20 metres away an be told something completly different or they just don't have a clue!

Shame they could not have been briefed and trained properly unfortunately they are going to do all their learning on the job.

Harveys was good thow nice to see it's out of a proper Barrel now not polypins.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Still daft long queues in the North Stand after the game today. The trick is to ignore the North Stand and make a beeline for the WSU where you'll be served straightaway with your pie and pint of choice. Done it two games running now, total queueing time? Zilch. Served straight away. The stairs are a bugger, mind :lol:

I imagine a few more people will start doing this when the weather gets worse.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I enjoyed three pints of Harveys yesterday. Two from the mini bars before kick off, and another after the game from one of the big bars downstairs in the WSL.

At half time I queued up for a pie and a pint only to be told they had no Harveys and had run out of pies.

Clearly they HADN'T run out of Harveys because there was plenty more being drunk elsewhere, and the pies were still available after the match too. Think it's just staff need clueing up a bit more.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I enjoyed three pints of Harveys yesterday. Two from the mini bars before kick off, and another after the game from one of the big bars downstairs in the WSL.

At half time I queued up for a pie and a pint only to be told they had no Harveys and had run out of pies.

Clearly they HADN'T run out of Harveys because there was plenty more being drunk elsewhere, and the pies were still available after the match too. Think it's just staff need clueing up a bit more.

It's a poor choice of words. "we've run out" should have been "I've turned round and there are none there and I am confused". They need to learn to say "We don't have any available right now".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here