Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many pints of Harveys were pulled today?.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I don't know but I was told that they had run out of beer on tap in Dicks Bar shortly after 1 o'clock! WTF?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't know but I was told that they had run out of beer on tap in Dicks Bar shortly after 1 o'clock! WTF?

True. I was in there when every damn pump and tap ran dry at 1pm. Place had only been open half an hour. It was bottled beer or nothing. I really REALLY like to give the club the benefit of the doubt, but there's patently some absolute fuckwits in the catering system that need weeding out. Even as we post, fully expecting that the Piranhas gig will have no beer to sell to thirsty punters.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

True. I was in there when every damn pump and tap ran dry at 1pm. Place had only been open half an hour. It was bottled beer or nothing. I really REALLY like to give the club the benefit of the doubt, but there's patently some absolute fuckwits in the catering system that need weeding out. Even as we post, fully expecting that the Piranhas gig will have no beer to sell to thirsty punters.

I walked in at 1:50pm, went to the bar and got 2 pints of Harveys having been told Dark Star was all out. Strange!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No shortage of Harveys in the WSL concourse - and there was a LOT of it being consumed. Really liked the way people were hanging around after the game for a drink - chatting and watching the tellies.

I walked in at 1:50pm, went to the bar and got 2 pints of Harveys having been told Dark Star was all out. Strange!
I tried to buy two pints of Hophead at 5pm, to be told - firstly - that the Hophead pump had run dry and would I mind Harveys? And - once the Harveys was poured - did I want the order changed, because the Hophead was now flowing?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Still daft long queues in the North Stand after the game today. The trick is to ignore the North Stand and make a beeline for the WSU where you'll be served straightaway with your pie and pint of choice. Done it two games running now, total queueing time? Zilch. Served straight away. The stairs are a bugger, mind :lol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Talked to Attila a bit before the game and he said were initially against the idea of having decent ale on tap. Glad they changed their minds. Seemed to be more popular than the lagers.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It was easy to get Harveys in WSL before the game. At halftime the queues were too big. They need a few more small mobile bars. The bottles of Fosters from the suitcases are rather expensive and were not chilled. They need shelves around on the walls and pillers to rest your beer on. Fantastic day. Thanks Tony.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Talked to Attila a bit before the game and he said were initially against the idea of having decent ale on tap. Glad they changed their minds. Seemed to be more popular than the lagers.

Next time you talk to Attila could you ask him to ensure the daft fucks don't run out of beer half an hour after they open. Cheers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I tried to buy two pints of Hophead at 5pm, to be told - firstly - that the Hophead pump had run dry and would I mind Harveys? And - once the Harveys was poured - did I want the order changed, because the Hophead was now flowing?

Did you have a deathwish ? surely you should have asked for Harvey's ? Hophead is far to flavoursome for beardo's :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
pubs don't take over an hour to replenish :thumbsup:

Was in the north concourse queue from 14:15 to 14:40 and the single empty Harvey's barrel stood there for all that time.

I can't understand why its is sssssoooooo slow to get served.

As it is a CASHLESS stadium I didn't have enough cash to buy some Harveys from the other sellers.

The catering company really need to up their game in the North

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
I was talking with the Harvey's tech chap and he told me they used 50 x 18's which is 7200 pints. To put this in perspective, he told me it's more than they sell in Lewes in a year! They had 60 x 18's to last for today and Tuesday night so 10 left. They are now on plan B lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here