Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many Palace players get into our starting XI?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I like being in Gullsworth-land........when (if) we finish 3 points above them we will own them & this thread will be more relevant (imho) I will then consider us to have mullered them by the ginormous amount of a gigantic three points.

Sorry to get carried away but we didn't finish above them in the league ......we may bleat on about bad luck and all that but the history books will show they were the better team last year. We have to improve & they go backwards until then they, hate to say it, are a better team than us. Next year though maybe different.....you never know for sure.:bhasign:

You are correct, and no amount of should've, would've, could've makes any difference. The fact that we are a better club in so many ways, e.g. facilities, ownership, future prospects, etc. etc. just makes it more annoying that we haven't yet finished above them. The minimum I expect in our 5th Prem season is to finish above Palace. otherwise our mocking them is pretty hollow (even though they have a crap ground in a crap part of London and crap prospects)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leaving out who may or may not be playing for them next season, just from their last season squad, I'd want none of the defenders, obviously. Mr. Tumble, yes on ability, but I think it would feel just too awkward and embarrassing - for him as well as the Albion. Eze in the squad, certainly, and maybe Townsend. Benteke? - not sure - don't think so, but bearing in mind our xG maybe we'd give him enough chances to score occasionally. On the whole, I think no - I'd rather stick with Welbeck.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
3 points might be "way above" in Gullsworth-land but I disagree with it. Naturally the opposite would have been preferable but its not like there's some ocean between the teams. Its just one win.

"At the moment" and "the Palace side that finished above us" are also two diffierent things as close to half of their players are gone.

It's even closer than that, in the game at the Amex, where they scored twice from 3 shots at goal and we scored once from 25, it was level at 1-1 till the 94th minute. One goal in added time, last kick of the game, accounts for the points difference. If we had grabbed the winner we were pushing for in that game, we would have finished 6 points above them.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Only Haha Dibley and as above see no dickhead policy and I’d add wages to that. Eze good prospect and would certainly get minutes from the bench. If go off last season’s squad the Dutch Left Back made in Chelsea would have been in with a good shout of LWB but would be spelled by March and Burn I’m sure but would be ahead of them overall.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When everyone on our side is fit, none of them. Zaha and Eze would replace Ali J and Izquierdo on the bench from last season. Benteke would probably usurp Connolly as third choice. I'd say PVA might be the Karbo role but he's not their player anymore. The rest might have a use as car park attendants or propping open a big door somewhere.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Zaha is probably the only one with the footballing qualities but he would certainly fall foul of the "no dickheads" policy with his "billy big bollox" antics.

So none.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here