Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how many of you in Cardiff last night...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
having been to ninian park since the early 70's ( even before I lived in Brighton) - my brother used to like cardiff, I can honestly say that I have never ever felt so intimidated by any other football ground and the people in it, including The Old Den that I have done on many occasion.

I chose to stay away because of this and I dont give a toss about any cardiff fans who come on here bleating (sic) about how nice it is now at Ninian and how they are all misunderstood little boys.

Cardiff is the only ground in this fair isle I would chose not to visit.( possible exception Canvey Island!!!)

So well done for getting a point last night mr dog. You must be very happy

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Good to read the above - it's bollocks to say it's a "media" thing that they've got a bad rep down there - I picked it up from reading people's real past experiences on here. I trust Sam Hammam's not having his picture taken with the Soul Crew anymore?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
dave the gaffer said:
I chose to stay away because of this and I dont give a toss about any cardiff fans who come on here bleating (sic) about how nice it is now at Ninian and how they are all misunderstood little boys.

To be honest, I couldn't give a toss if miserable fuckers like you choose to stay away from Ninian Park because of how it was in the past.

The club has made huge strides in recent years to combat the hooliganism problem, both at home and away games. The local police have made a massive effort, Sam Hammam has done more to conquer the problem than all of our previous chairmen put together, and the fans have worked alongside the police and the club in a bid to put things right.

The result is that Ninian Park is no longer a dangerous place for opposition fans to visit (thousands and thousands have been here over the last three or four seasons without any problems at all), and trouble at our away games is now a very rare occurrence.

If you don't want to accept those facts and would prefer to continue living in the past, then so be it. It's your choice. Personally, I couldn't give a rat's arse.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I agree with TLB. If we all stuck with our views about how things were in the past, we'd have to agree with the Falmer NIMBYs that all football fans are abnoxious hooligans, as a large proportion certainly seemed to be when I started following the Albion.

Accept that there are very few away days where you now feel threatened, and Cardiff certainly is no worse than anywhere else nowadays.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Laughing Bluebird said:
To be honest, I couldn't give a toss if miserable fuckers like you choose to stay away from Ninian Park because of how it was in the past.

The club has made huge strides in recent years to combat the hooliganism problem, both at home and away games. The local police have made a massive effort, Sam Hammam has done more to conquer the problem than all of our previous chairmen put together, and the fans have worked alongside the police and the club in a bid to put things right.

The result is that Ninian Park is no longer a dangerous place for opposition fans to visit (thousands and thousands have been here over the last three or four seasons without any problems at all), and trouble at our away games is now a very rare occurrence.

If you don't want to accept those facts and would prefer to continue living in the past, then so be it. It's your choice. Personally, I couldn't give a rat's arse.

There you go then...no harm done. I chose not to go...simple as

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The result is that Ninian Park is no longer a dangerous place for opposition fans to visit (thousands and thousands have been here over the last three or four seasons without any problems at all), and trouble at our away games is now a very rare occurrence

i thouroughly enjoyed it - and would go as far to say that it could go down as one of the best away games this season, bar palace obviously. strongbow inside the ground, cheap food, fans next to each other, good atmosphere, and most importantly terracing

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Scotty M said:
would go as far to say that it could go down as one of the best away games this season

A stunning equaliser from the Coca-Cola Kid may have had something to do with that! What a fabulous strike that was.

I was in the bar behind the stand during the interval. Is it right that Jake Robinson took part in our half-time challenge?

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I was in the bar behind the stand during the interval. Is it right that Jake Robinson took part in our half-time challenge?

Yes. He had the first shot on goal.
And missed :jester: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Rangdo said:
Yes. He had the first shot on goal. And missed.

I had a go a few weeks back. Most embarrassing moment of my life. I was confident I'd get close, but unfortunatlely I slipped on the run-up, scuffed my shot badly and fell flat on my arse. The ball barely made it out of the centre circle.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I had a go a few weeks back. Most embarrassing moment of my life. I was confident I'd get close, but unfortunatlely I slipped on the run-up, scuffed my shot badly and fell flat on my arse. The ball barely made it out of the centre circle.

Well, he did at least get it near the goal. I thought it was quite funny. One guy went for the old skool toe-punt but the funniest was the guy who completely sliced it after saying he'd been practicing. Top half time entertainment.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

:lolol: :lolol:

entertainment was classic as well - especially the gay anthems before the game. dancing around to gay bar before kick off was class

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here