Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how many of you in Cardiff last night...

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
...were abused, beaten black&blue, hit by coins and other missiles, had their cars smashed, coaches bricked...etc?

answer: NONE

i am sure the ones who travelled will tell you that media bollix about us is absolutely pointless.

in fact ninian park has become one of the safest grounds in the UK, last season we had 8 arrests...yes, in the whole season!

clubs like BHA can travel to cardiff without any hassle, unless u look for trouble. if u want trouble, you certainly find it, but if you are visiting to enjoy yourselves, you will have a great time in south wales.

hope to see more of you next season. i am sure u will stay up, looking forward to it.

you deserved a point 2nite, gamewise we had the advantage and created more chances, but that's what u expect of a team from the top half. but as we couldnt profit from those, and u showed heart and passion to defend, the draw was a fair result. and in the end u've had one or two good chances too, as we opened up our defense.

good luck for the rest of the season

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
GermanShepherd said:
...were abused, beaten black&blue, hit by coins and other missiles, had their cars smashed, coaches bricked...etc?

i am sure the ones who travelled will tell you that media bollix about us is absolutely pointless.

in fact ninian park has become one of the safest grounds in the UK, last season we had 8 arrests...yes, in the whole season!

clubs like BHA can travel to cardiff without any hassle, unless u look for trouble. if u want trouble, you certainly find it, but if you are visiting to enjoy yourselves, you will have a great time in south wales.

hope to see more of you next season. i am sure u will stay up, looking forward to it.

you deserved a point 2nite, gamewise we had the advantage and created more chances, but that's what u expect of a team from the top half. but as we couldnt profit from those, and u showed heart and passion to defend, the draw was a fair result. and in the end u've had one or two good chances too, as we opened up our defense.

Thanx for that mate. :clap2: Good stuff.

Just like England fans abroad, it takes a lot longer than a few games to lose a decade of bad images and previous violent episodes.

Thanks for the good-luck sentiments, and good luck to you too in your football, and your efforts to repair damage done by those bad chavs that pervaded your crowds.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Cheers Shep.
Hope to meet up again next season. (I'll get a copy of the programme too)

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Have to agree. Local rugby club served a decent pint, stewards at the ground were reasonably chatty and had a sense of humour. Even the Cardiff fans on the terracing were actually watching the football and not making too many jestures to our fans. (except from the cut-throat to a visiting Rovers fan with us when chanting "You can stick your f***ing dragon up your arse").

Great evening out.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
GermanShepherd said:

Well i'm glad to hear it's changed because on my last visit the year we won Division Two I think it wasn't the nicest of grounds to go to!

Sounded like a fair result on the radio could have gone either way at the end.

Whats the story with the attendances at the moment, i'm sure you lot used to get more even in Division Two that that?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Kalimantan Gull said:
Glad to hear it. But on my visit a few years back the answer was 'many' and it'll take a lot to get me to go back there.

Same ..when I went a few seasons ago it was a war zone ..please to hear its changed but i wont be rushing back to Ninian Park after last time

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
i went last night and was there a few years ago, i came away actually wondering if it was the same place. even the car park has been sorted. and a big screen!!!! couldnt see it mind. to be honest i miss the old grounds and the rawness of it all - but cardiff have done a superb job. your chairman is still a tosser though!!!!!:p

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Glad to hear it, would like to go next time, hopefully it will be on a Saturday afternoon. Havent had the chance to add it to my list of away grounds yet and I dont think parking there for the playoff final counts!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Kalimantan Gull said:
Glad to hear it. But on my visit a few years back the answer was 'many' and it'll take a lot to get me to go back there.
and i still remember our park and ride bus getting stoned by cardiff fans after the the play off final

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Safest visit i have ever had to a match at Ninian Park (about 5th visit I think). Nice friendly stewards for once and the bar was sellings can of fosters and strongbow (£2.50 a can)

No wan*ers sitting on the seats to our left, and a big protective screen just in case any muppets got in.

Good banter between the fans - liked the 4 foot tall chant to Leon Knight.

The car park after the game has now been sorted, a fence stops fans gathering and there were enough Police about just to keep an eye on things.

Big improvements and the PA bloke seams to have got his act together.

As others have said, like England fans, it will take a while for the reputation to change and on this visit things have changed for the good.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
was brilliant, no trouble and a good terrace to jump around on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here