Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of you have ever............

NewtownRoad

Mar 3, 2006
Hove
Swindon away, 1 Jan 1977 after 67 mins. 4 nil down, game abandoned because of a waterlogged pitch. Very amusing at the time.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Reading away.........NAZI STEWARD decided he didn't like what i called him and "encouraged" me to leave early....:angry:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
tinx said:
I have left two games early.

The two Brentford 4-0s as they were on tuesday nights and I had to get up early for work the next day

thats the only time i ever left early! ......one of those 4-0s and it was not my decision, the majority ruled, five mates, and boy was i grumpy with them :angry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Also left the last 4-0 at Brentford early. Went for a curry somewhere in deepest darkest London instead.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Twice.

First time when we were in the First Division and we lost 0-3 at home in the cup to Third Division Oxford (drivers choice)

Second time when we lost 4-0 at Brentord, the last time. (Everybody's choice).

Yoda

English & European
Never.

I once left my seat early so to get a quick getaway from Wither's for the England match. Stood down near the disabled enclosure until the final whistle.

Felt like it against Leicester last month though, and that was only 20 minutes into the match.. :down:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
when I first satrting going to the Albion in the late 80's I used to go with my mate and his dad - who always insisted in leaving 2 or so minutes before the end to 'avoid the rush' - we used to walk up the road to where his mark II cortina was parked in the roads opposite the Greyhound Stadium - the amount of times I heard cheers as we walked up the road:censored: :censored:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
brightonfan_86 said:
I've never left a game early, I will always stay to the final whistle. Whatever the score is.

Now thats the reply i was waiting for :wave: well played chappie.:clap:
:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have posted this before. But I went to see the Albion v Newcastle with a Sunderland supporting friend at the Goldstone. We had a fair few pints before the game, and when Newcastle went 0-2 up he was truly pissed off - so we retired to the pub to carry on the drinking.

I will let you work out what happened next dear reader.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
3 Games in total- The two midweek drubbings away to Brentford and this year away to Reading. To be fair it was the drivers decision on the Reading game and the hearing the cheers for CKR's consolation was a tad irritating.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bakesy said:
Reading away.........NAZI STEWARD decided he didn't like what i called him and "encouraged" me to leave early....:angry:

You were giving them stick all day.
You bloody Hoolie :lolol:

My dad always used to leave 5 minutes before the end to beat the traffic - the goals I missed. :nono:

Only twice - Palace and Brentford. Missed the last Brentford goal as it was dismal and I was due to drive to Bristol. Got back to find a big gap where my car rear window used to be.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
dunno said:
when I first satrting going to the Albion in the late 80's I used to go with my mate and his dad - who always insisted in leaving 2 or so minutes before the end to 'avoid the rush' - we used to walk up the road to where his mark II cortina was parked in the roads opposite the Greyhound Stadium - the amount of times I heard cheers as we walked up the road:censored: :censored:
that sounds like one of those childhood nightmare situations where you are powerless to act despite the enormity of the sin being committed... i will always be grateful to my Dad for being a "never leave before the end-er"... i think it has something to do with competitiveness and general appreciation of the contest - why would you ever consider it right to miss what could be the most significant part of the action and the final whistle recognition/acceptance of the outcome by all parties...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here