Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of the Millwall team are McGhee players?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They seem to be doing really well and McGhee is talking about how good our youngsters will be in 18 months. It's 3 years since he took Millwall out of the old div 2 and I'd be interested to know how big a part McGhee played in putting the current team together. Anyone know any Milwall fans who would know?

I wouldn't mind a European sojourn and a top half of the table finish from our current team in a couple of years, to go with another FA Cup final .

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'll check with my Millwall supporting collegue tomorrow, but im pretty certain that the squad is largely of Magee's making. He was there for about 5 years turning them from a bottom of div 2 to a midtable div 1 side. Wise hasnt brought in anyone of note until this summer and lost Cahill. Quite a few youth team players in there, with a few key signings where needed. Sound familiar?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's what I was hoping. The Reading side he (very understandably :lol: ) walked out on played some really good football, I know because I saw them kick our arses as they won the league.

If we keep him we will end up watching stylish and exciting Championship football within a couple of years

Last edited:

Sep 18, 2003
Anyone remember the Worthington Cup game 2/3 seasons ago. McGee's side was young, and quite simply, the better side by a country mile. Well impressed with the side although can't remember the exact score, but they beat us quite soundly.

ps - anyone know the difference between a country mile and a town mile?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kalimantan Gull said:
So what went wrong at Millwall?

Don't know but I'd wager it had something to do with Dennis Wise

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Fans and players turned on him when he persisted in selecting players out of posistion. After reaching the play offs they had dropped to mid table and when the chairman asked him to justify his lineup his explanation got him the sack. I suspect Wise was stirring it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here