Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of the BIG games have you been to?

How many did you make it to?

• 4 (four)

Votes: 80 27.0%

Votes: 54 18.2%

Votes: 84 28.4%

Votes: 72 24.3%
  • 0, nil, zero, nada (go to the back of the class)

Votes: 28 9.5%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Just Notts county and Bristol games for me.

However i feel our biggest game was Hereford, why isn't Hereford included as it was massive.

I did go to Hereford and i think that and going to the old Den for the semi play-offs against Millwall must have been my most memorable matches to date.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3. Even though I had tickets for all 4. Missed the FA Cup Final first game as Sgt Ken Woods (you bastard) would not sign off my day's leave request :rant: Debated going AWOL for a day, but thought better of it!

Similar Story here. CPO Pat 'The Artic Barker' Garrett wouldn't sign mine so I could make either game. Spent the Saturday afternoon on the transmission platform of Mk4 sea king, with one Kieron O'Sullivan, who looked and acted like John Belushi ... and was a Cockney Red. It was a very interesting afternoon, which consisted of me evading Sully's attempt to kick the crap out of me, fortunately for me Sully wasn't that fit!. A sad note to the story is that Sully died in February .. very much missed.:(

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
You've some great days/nights here, the only one I'd add to your list is the Div 4 promotion game at the Goldstone vs Darlington in April 1965 (3-1).

I was only 1 at the time, so that's my excuse Alex. You've been going a long time, how many of these 12 did you make? The ones I included are 'do or die' games which is why I didn't include eg the Cheaterfield Championship game. I could look it up but was the Darlo game 'do or die'?

PG

2 for me,
83 replay (dad wouldn't let me go to final but relented when we drew)
91 Play off final, that ginger git Johnson still haunts my dreams.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
All four.:)

It was maddening how many Brighton fans couldn't get tickets for the cup replay. There were a lot of man ure fans in our end.:(

I was only 1 at the time, so that's my excuse Alex. You've been going a long time, how many of these 12 did you make? The ones I included are 'do or die' games which is why I didn't include eg the Cheaterfield Championship game. I could look it up but was the Darlo game 'do or die'?

PG

We won the Div 4 title by a single point in 1965 and the Darlington game was the last game of the season. That was Bobby Smith's season of course - awesome stuff and, as others have said before, it was like having Michael Owen suddenly playing for the Albion.
My first Albion game was in August 1960 but didn't get to many between 1983 and 2002 due to having a young family as well as living and working away/abroad for much of the time.
I was at the 1972 promotion game vs Rochdale; do you remember their really anaemic pale yellow kit, it looked like someone's mum had washed it on the "whites" programme by mistake?
There's never been anything quite like the 1979 game at Newcastle imo, the Cup Final was a good day out but I always thought the old Wembley was a bit of a dump.
Hereford was an emotional roller coaster of a day but looking back now, my memories of Edgar Street focus more on Wardy's first game for the first team.
I was at Walsall last season; the Bescott has always been a decent trip and the Sadlers Club is very friendly. It's one of the few places I miss from Div 1, the other being Brisbane Road and meeting up with my dodgy relatives from Leytonstone/Walthamstow.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Nil. zero. nada. I'm not going to the back of the class, I'm uber superfan because I've endured all the shite with little of the glory. You can keep your wembley's and your cardiffs coz I've got midweek defeats at macclesfield to treasure :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All 4 :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here