Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many made trip to Swindon?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think for future cup ties fans should be aware that Gus won't be sending out a team to win the tie and treat it accordingly. i.e...don't turn up!

Remembering Northampton a couple of years ago, and struggling to get past Gillingham last season, I made the decision not to go.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
Im just asking for the facts why SWindon is a shithole when all you normally see is Queens Drive ( thats the road to the ground) and the ground.

you are just a bunch of sheep ( or lemmings) one person says something so you all have to follow.

Please post a photo of the paradise that you live in.

have to agree i went on my own and had a good time.went to a couple of pubs and quite friendly people.theres certainly a lot more unfriendly agressive places i could mention

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think it is poor PR by the club not to at least make an apology to those who turned up. I think if I was there I would have contacted the club for a refund

Precious. There are clubs you can follow, if you require, at the very least, a decent performance for much of the season.

We wouldn't have a club if we had adopted that policy in the 90s and beyond.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Remembering Northampton a couple of years ago, and struggling to get past Gillingham last season, I made the decision not to go.

Very wise!

I like to think (naively as it turns out) that a professional football club that I support will always put 100% into a competitive game in order to win it. I don't expect to win every game, and acknowledge that sometimes on the day teams that oppose you will win.

But I think it does a disservice to people that pay hard cash for Gus to say after the event 'I don't care that we are not in the cup anymore'.

Gus has set out his stall and as I said previously. Our fans should be aware that the team sent out in cup ties may not be as competitive as they should be.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very wise!

I like to think (naively as it turns out) that a professional football club that I support will always put 100% into a competitive game in order to win it. I don't expect to win every game, and acknowledge that sometimes on the day teams that oppose you will win.

But I think it does a disservice to people that pay hard cash for Gus to say after the event 'I don't care that we are not in the cup anymore'.

Gus has set out his stall and as I said previously. Our fans should be aware that the team sent out in cup ties may not be as competitive as they should be.

Gus loves the FA cup as he won it as a player but the League cup is an irrelevance to him. He has said that there should only be one cup competition and I'm inclined to agree with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here