Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many league games do you see us winning in October and November?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
DMC

You are right in that you say it is not that important to win a game against the best side in the league. If that is what Leicester are.

If other results go in our favour it wont matter so much. The point I was trying to make is that maybe the game against Leicester has greater significance coming when it does? Hopefully we will get a good run of results and it will be the springboard for promotion? But if we lose and previous results havent been good. Maybe it will be a time when the fans realise we wont be geting promotion? I hope that NsN and ZR are right!

Maybe, I really think we will struggle to get promotion this year - the side is still gelling but think we are going in the right direction. Whether or not we gel in time to get to the play-offs this year is anyones guess.

I think you have a point, at a time when we are looking for form it would be good to get our first home league win against Leciester - I just hope we dont put too much emphasis as they are a good side and will certainly finish in the top two. I hope they are right aswell though!

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Fazz62, you say you hope im right. But then i think we're going to lose most of next month. The reason i put us down to beat Leicester is that its typical football that if you lose to shit teams, you then beat the good ones. Thats all.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Fazz62, you say you hope im right. But then i think we're going to lose most of next month. The reason i put us down to beat Leicester is that its typical football that if you lose to shit teams, you then beat the good ones. Thats all.

ZR

if you lose to shit teams, you then beat the good ones.

The Albion have always been the same.

Best example to my mind is when we beat Notts Forest back in '79 1-0 and beat their unbeaten record. No one gave us a hope in hell at the time.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
ZR

Best example to my mind is when we beat Notts Forest back in '79 1-0 and beat their unbeaten record. No one gave us a hope in hell at the time.

Exactly my point. Win 1-0 at West Ham, Lose 1-0 at home to Burnley week after.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
ZR

ZR

Maybe an even better example was the year we reached the FA Cup Final in
'83 but ended up getting relegated! Although it was a sequence of results rather than one-off games

Call me sad, but I prefer supporting a team through its "ups and downs"
such as The Albion. Rather than a team that might be wining a trophy most years running.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
A difficult run of games. I can't see us winning more than three or four of the next nine (Hereford, Huddersfield and Stockport).

Where do you see us picking up much-needed wins and are you worried about the next two months?

Leeds Away lose
Hereford Home win
Peterborough Away draw
Hartlepool Away draw
Leicester Home lose
Millwall Home win
Carlisle Away lose
Huddersfield Home win
Stockport Away
draw

P9 W 3 D3 L 3 points 12

so we will be p 18 w 5 d 8 l 5 23 points and about 14th