Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many KIDS are you buying presents for this Christmas?

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Yes, but you don't have half the child population of Sussex to buy pressies for do you.

"Oh but the look on their faces is priceless" NO it's f***ing not, it is PRICEY.

And I've got to cook for 22 on Christmas day, the fact that my 2 bed with ONE bog is the smallest in the entire family seems to have been lost on the freeloading wankers too.

Who's eating in the bog then?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tidy rant.

I DO like cooking Christmas DINNER though. I run the show in our house. It's the only time I feel comfortable BULLYING my wife.

No WAY am I EVER going to cook xmas dinner. It takes bloody AGES, and anyway, my mother-in-law LOVES cooking it. I don't mind lending a little bit of a hand - rossing a few sprouts, or opening some wine bottles, perhaps.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No WAY am I EVER going to cook xmas dinner. It takes bloody AGES, and anyway, my mother-in-law LOVES cooking it. I don't mind lending a little bit of a hand - rossing a few sprouts, or opening some wine bottles, perhaps.
It only take ages if you don't peel your roasties and carrots and stuff on the day BEFORE.

And to think, you've already been told the importance of tidy admin today.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It only take ages if you don't peel your roasties and carrots and stuff on the day BEFORE.

And to think, you've already been told the importance of tidy admin today.

Sorry Sim - but my time is important. And that includes my time on Christmas EVE as well as Christmas Day itself.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So is mine. But I like to take the PLAUDITS when festive luncheon is being served, and I know how to run the show.

I'm happy to still take my share of PLAUDITS. Crossing the sprouts is crucial stuff.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
None.

Both younger brothers are now adults and we agreed years ago to stop buying presents among cousins as there are simply too many of us.

On a related note, I don't buy or send Xmas cards, or indeed any other greetings cards, as I believe them to be a colossal waste of money - I'm not a hypocrite though, I tell others not to bother sending me cards either.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
We have 3 grown up children,but they are still our kids!
4 for nephews and nieces and 1 other.
= 8

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On a related note, I don't buy or send Xmas cards, or indeed any other greetings cards, as I believe them to be a colossal waste of money - I'm not a hypocrite though, I tell others not to bother sending me cards either.

My general rule is never to send a card to someone I'm going to physically SEE, to say Happy Christmas in person. Handing over a card in that situation seems pointless.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just our two...we have stopped buying for nieces now as they are all grown up like

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
just our two...we have stopped buying for nieces now as they are all grown up like

How does this work though, in practice? You'd need to cut off a whole family in one go, surely?

For example, my wife's sister's kids are now aged 20, 17, 15 and 12. Obviously the youngest two would still qualify, and probably the next as well, but the oldest is definitely 'grown up' (moved away to college, etc). For as long as we are still giving a present to the youngest, I think we'd need to keep giving to all 4.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't blame me as watching Gus's team selection and formation. .

Or you could just not go?

Seriously. If you find it as tedious and unenjoyable as you state (all too frequently) on here, then why bother going? Surely its a complete waste of your day?

They should include the samartions number in the match program at Christmas.

I've split your quote in two, as I think the second part (if taken as unrelated to the first) has merit. Christmas is a very tough time for some people.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
My niece and nephew.

She is 3 and he is 1.

Luckily, their father (my brother) says vouchers will do for them and I guess they are still a bit young to appreciate presents. :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How does this work though, in practice? You'd need to cut off a whole family in one go, surely?

For example, my wife's sister's kids are now aged 20, 17, 15 and 12. Obviously the youngest two would still qualify, and probably the next as well, but the oldest is definitely 'grown up' (moved away to college, etc). For as long as we are still giving a present to the youngest, I think we'd need to keep giving to all 4.

well, we agreed with the brother in law that we would stop buying prezzies when their kids turned 18, and we agreed the same for them when ours turned 18.

Did the same with my brothers kids.

so we used to buy until the 18th and then stopped...meant someone got a prezzie when others didn't but it all evened itself out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here