Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many Hartlepool fans at the game

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It was funny when one of them started singing in the second half, while the whole ground was quiet, and he looked a bit embarrassed, like when making a loud noise in a library :smile:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Right TWO things:

First it was nowhere near 129 I counted 55 (60 at best). Tho the worst has to be Col Utd with about 70 (bearing in mind the distance)

second - it was a shitty shit away attendance from a noddy club. This more than any other reason is why we have to get out of this divison. I bet even if we were at Amex they would have brung about 150 at most. Toy town noddy cnuts. Only getting about 2900 for the visit of the league leaders = NODDY

Thankfully the day of noddy toy town non entities like Oldham, Yeovil, carlisle, hartlepool, col utd etc come with their hundred fans and go home celebrating victory is rapidly disappearing. BOUT f***ing TIME.

Maybe you should wait and see where we finish before sneering at 'smaller' clubs?

The club may have sold 129 tickets but no way on this earth was there 129 there. Obviously a few no shows. still shit tho.

Did you count them then? Having spoken to our club a couple oftimes about recorded attendances, I was informed by Insider that the numbers published represent the actual number IN Attendance-not tickets sold.

We give away fans a shitty end with a crap view of the game and, then, have the temerity to complain that they don't bring many fans along....

How does that work?

Exactly right-sadly, a few of our fans appear to be getting above themselves.

Anyone that travels from Hartlepool to Brighton to watch football in the leagues worst ground, pay £21 for the "priviledge", and the fact they were playing a team unbeaten at home with an average away record, i respect every last one of them.

I always try and go to every away game I can afford, but i'd never ever travel to Hartlepool to watch a mid table Brighton side play in a ground equivalent to Withdean.

Lets face it, with all due respect, and given current times its hardly a wealthy are either.

Anybody who sits in that shitty away end does not deserve some of the idiotic comments about the low numbers their club brings-it's a miracle that they bring any at all.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Hartlepool to Brighton is a helluva long way. I was listening to R5L yesterday and they had a reporter at Middlesborough v Swansea - I think he said there were fewer than 200 Swansea fans there. This was a Championship match with Swansea going for promotion to the Premiership. Criticise Swansea fans, yes, but not Hartlepool.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Fair play to each and everyone of them. I'd seriously struggle to have any enthusiasm to come from Hove, let alone Hartlepool, to experience the dire away end at Withdean. Especially if I'd done it before - it would definately be on my 'one-to-miss' list.

Oct 2, 2008
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
Right TWO things:

First it was nowhere near 129 I counted 55 (60 at best). Tho the worst has to be Col Utd with about 70 (bearing in mind the distance)

second - it was a shitty shit away attendance from a noddy club. This more than any other reason is why we have to get out of this divison. I bet even if we were at Amex they would have brung about 150 at most. Toy town noddy cnuts. Only getting about 2900 for the visit of the league leaders = NODDY

Thankfully the day of noddy toy town non entities like Oldham, Yeovil, carlisle, hartlepool, col utd etc come with their hundred fans and go home celebrating victory is rapidly disappearing. BOUT f***ing TIME.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

Weird , but I've developed a newfound respect for the Hartlepool lads after reading that .
Vacuuming your hotel room while the match is being played down the road ??
Haven't heard of that one before .

Here's the post ;

Post subject: Mutley/Groovy/Parmo's(and 2 other's) day at BrightonPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:41 am

Started by getting 515am train to London from Darlington then on to Brighton.

Travelled down with 2 tickets between the 5 of them, hoping to get some more tickets.

Went to a pub(don't know which) and ended up selling the 2 tickets at face value and stayed in the pub.

Back to hotel and all in bed(presumably worse for wear with drink) by 330pm.

Sometime between then and end of game 450pm Mutley wakes up leaves the room and returns with a hoover from somewhere and begins to hoover the room waking the rest up.

So Mutley went to Brighton to hoover a hotel room.

And before anyone says it that was probably more fun than watching the game...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe you should wait and see where we finish before sneering at 'smaller' clubs?

NO. I have no probs being behind Hudds, Stains etc. But cnts like Yeovil, Wallsall, Hartlepool who have done f*** ALL and were celebrating wins at Withers on a regular basis can f*** OFF.

Did you count them then? Having spoken to our club a couple oftimes about recorded attendances, I was informed by Insider that the numbers published represent the actual number IN Attendance-not tickets sold.

Whoppee f***ing do. YES I did count them actually. So NO the club ARE lying. That was no way their attendance all the while I have a hole in my arse.

Anybody who sits in that shitty away end does not deserve some of the idiotic comments about the low numbers their club brings-it's a miracle that they bring any at all.

INCORRECT. Even at Falmer they would have bought what 200 TOPS. THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO GET OUT THIS DIVISION. They never bought alot even to the Goldstone or when the old away end was the family stand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't really understand the VITRIOL though, TMLS. They're a little club, but so what?

You're right though - there was nothing like 129 people in the away end. That would suggest one in seven seats were taken, and that simply wasn't the case.

It was funny when one of them started singing in the second half, while the whole ground was quiet, and he looked a bit embarrassed, like when making a loud noise in a library :smile:
Their best song - sung just after they scored - was the classic "Can we play you every week?".

I guess a goal felt pretty good, after two successive 4-0 defeats away from home and another one looking likely.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there were a group from Kent. I was chatting to one of them walking up Valley Road.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
To be honest, before anyone sneers about the low attendance (I'm not sure that anyone will - but they might!), we must have taken not much more than that in the past when we've not been pushing for promotion. I think it's pretty respectable considering the distance, cost, and the fact that they are mid-table.

I remember going to Roker Park when we were in the 2nd Division and there were about 40 or 50 Brighton fans there.

I thought Hartlepool had a pretty good turnout actually.

Whoppee f***ing do. YES I did count them actually. So NO the club ARE lying. That was no way their attendance all the while I have a hole in my arse.

as the club ARE lying, don't you think it's a good idea to inform the Football League? If there is wrong doing at the club then it needs to be exposed. For the crime of reporting 129 Hartlepool fans made the trip when it was in fact only 127 I expect nothing less than a six point deduction. good luck with your quest for justice and the truth

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thankfully the day of noddy toy town non entities like Oldham, Yeovil, carlisle, hartlepool, col utd etc

Pool gave us our heaviest defeat of the season though. Let's take 6 points off them before slagging their fans off.

Given the sniffy response to the Stoke draw in our first FA Cup R5 in a quarter of a century we do come across at times as a bit Billy Bigbollocks, but without the bigbollocks to actually back it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here