Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many grounds...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
206 in total at the moment (it will be more than that as don't double count when teams move to new grounds - I make it about 230 different grounds)

I have seen the following at more than one "home ground"

Brighton x 3
Charlton x 3 (The Valley, Selhurst Park, Upton Park)
Coventry City (Highfield Road & Ricoh Arena)
Derby (Baseball Ground & Pride Park)
Stoke (Victoria Ground & Britannia Stadium)
Hull (Boothbery Park & KCC Stadium)
Wimbledon (Plough Lane & Selhurst Park)
Reading (Elm Park & Madjeski)
Scunthorpe (Old Show Ground & Glandford Park)
Millwall (Den & New Den)
Northampton (County Ground & Sixfields)
Walsall (Fellows park & Bescot)
Wigan (Spingfield & JJB)
Bristol Rovers (Twerton & Memorial)
Sunderland (Roker Park & Stadium of Light)
Doncaster (Belle View & Keepmoat)
Chester (Sealand Road & Deva)
Leicester (Filbert Street & Walkers)
Middlesbrough (Ayresome & Riverside)
Southampton (Dell & St Marys)
Huddersfield (Leeds Raod & Mcalpine)
Swansea (Vetch & Liberty)

I still need to go to the new grounds (having done the old grounds) at

Arsenal
Man City
Darlington
Shrewsbury
Bolton Wanderers
Oxford United
Colchester (from next season)

I have seen England at 63 different grounds (73 away games in total).

Everton, Morecombe, Accrington and Dagenham are still places I have never seen the Albion play at. I have seen Everton play at home when I first wanted to finish the 92 but we never got drawn against them in the cups!! Missed that trip in the old first divison days!

Most other grounds are when Brighton have played non league teams in the cups or pre-season friendly matches plus all the teams we played against in the league that have dropped out into the conference!

I have been to Rangers, Hibs & Falkirk for Scottish league games.

I have seen Albion in a Pre-season tour of Portugal, in various places in Ireland and Le Havre.

I saw one game in Australia (Brisbane 1999) when I went out for the Ashes tour!

Now this is a very impressive list.:bowdown:

I never said the was Spanish or Catalan did i?

It was originally called the nou camp by djmiles, i was just pointing out that it's actually the Camp Nou. I wouldn't expect non Catalans to speak entirely in Catalan, but would expect them to get the stadium name correct :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I never said the was Spanish or Catalan did i?

It was originally called the nou camp by djmiles, i was just pointing out that it's actually the Camp Nou. I wouldn't expect non Catalans to speak entirely in Catalan, but would expect them to get the stadium name correct :thumbsup:

I think people to tend to call it Nou Camp, just the same as people tend to refer to Milan's ground as the San Siro (which is technically only the name of the area of Milan the ground is in, but then even Milan fans do apparently prefer San Siro to the 'official' name, to be fair).

Such is life.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bristol Rovers on Saturday was the 76th current ground I have visited (although I will be losing Colchester and Rovers in the summer). Overall I have been to 105 including old grounds, non league clubs and Hearts in Scotland.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Are we counting grounds that we've visited, or only grounds at which we've actually watched football?

I've done the tours at OT (wasn't that impressed) and Camp Nou (was very impressed), but not yet watched a game at either (don't much want to see one at OT, Camp Nou is definitely on the 'to-do' list though).
Camp Nou looks better when full !
Faded seats due to no roof behind goals and on the one side make it look a little tired!

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Camp Nou looks better when full !
Faded seats due to no roof behind goals and on the one side make it look a little tired!

The revamp should correct those issues, although I think the new design is bloody awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here