Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many games will Slade have to get it right?

How many games will Bloom give Slade to get it right?

• 1 game

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 2 games

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • 3 games

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 4 games

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 5 games

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 6-10+ games

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • He'll be gone before Friday.

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
possibly 8 but if we lose on Friday at Millwall the decider will be the Wycombe match.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well much of what is said here is total nonsense. Russell took on a team last season which was virtually doomed for relegation and turned it around on the back of some insprirational performances from established but ageing players ie Gary and Lloyd.

He has got rid of deadwood and has gone out and bought replacements. Where he has spent money it has been on young and promising players. This will take time to bear fruit. Our squad still remains short of strength and has meant that we are now currently without a left back and were forced to play a right back at left back and a centre back at right back.

There was promise on Saturday. Commonsense says that the chairman will review the position after Christmas but Russell is secure until then. From what I recall when the job was advertised following the departure of Micky, the club was not flooded with applicants of achievement.

Mr Coppell is out of a job. He left Reading by mutual consent after failing to return them to the Premiership. He is a Permiership/Championship manager who has lost some apetite for the game. When he was with us before we were in the Championship not at the bottom of the First Division. When did he last manage in the First Division. Get real people please .

Russell is a very good manager at this level. He impresses me for his honesty and his determination. If losses continue until Christmas of course he will go. He will want to go and he will have had enough. We would then both be the losers. In the meantime though we need to be positive. Where would two wins take us..... oh yes ..planning for the play offs

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
This thread is rediculos! If Slade is sacked whatever the result on Friday I may stop going. The man is a big part of the reason we are in this division. Nuff said

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It won't be so much about results but performance. It seems to me that we are playing well in patches first 20 at H'field and well placed against Stockport until the missed penalty . if we can improve our consistency hopefully we will look back on August as a blip. Its still early in the season and whilst I share all the supporters concern I still have faith in Slade and it would be a very poor reflection on our club to dump another manager. The eternal optimist in me hopes it all works out and I think he will have till Christmas whatever the situation and rightly so. fingers crossed.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Well much of what is said here is total nonsense. Russell took on a team last season which was virtually doomed for relegation and turned it around on the back of some insprirational performances from established but ageing players ie Gary and Lloyd.

He has got rid of deadwood and has gone out and bought replacements. Where he has spent money it has been on young and promising players. This will take time to bear fruit. Our squad still remains short of strength and has meant that we are now currently without a left back and were forced to play a right back at left back and a centre back at right back.

There was promise on Saturday. Commonsense says that the chairman will review the position after Christmas but Russell is secure until then. From what I recall when the job was advertised following the departure of Micky, the club was not flooded with applicants of achievement.

Mr Coppell is out of a job. He left Reading by mutual consent after failing to return them to the Premiership. He is a Permiership/Championship manager who has lost some apetite for the game. When he was with us before we were in the Championship not at the bottom of the First Division. When did he last manage in the First Division. Get real people please .

Russell is a very good manager at this level. He impresses me for his honesty and his determination. If losses continue until Christmas of course he will go. He will want to go and he will have had enough. We would then both be the losers. In the meantime though we need to be positive. Where would two wins take us..... oh yes ..planning for the play offs

excellent first post

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
If I was manager I would be concerned - the last time we played Millwall at their ground we had just sacked Micky!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another 8 games, giving him a total of 12 league games to get us mid table.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It is gettinga bit borderline I agree but frankly, how much is this down to the manager and how much is due to inept performances by the players ? Forster missing a penalty (or having it saved depending on your perspective) followed by a couple of sending offs were a huge factor in Saturday's defeat for a start. How can you blame the manager for that ? Kuipers being dismissed at Huddersfield also contributed to that farce.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

with a Ist post like that.Looking forward to the second.Well done mate.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am pretty confident if we lose Friday and badly he will be gone by Monday.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
with a Ist post like that.Looking forward to the second.Well done mate.

Good post but

1. Coppell was in charge of a team in the 3rd division about 5 years ago, they were called BHAFC whom he took down from the Championship.

2. There is no way Slade will have until Xmas. 1 more bad defeat Friday will see him gone.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Good post but

1. Coppell was in charge of a team in the 3rd division about 5 years ago, they were called BHAFC whom he took down from the Championship.

2. There is no way Slade will have until Xmas. 1 more bad defeat Friday will see him gone.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think we should stick with Slade for now - but if we're not leading after ten minutes at Millwall then Bloom must act. 35 minutes should be enough time to get Wise down to the dressing room and give the half-time talk.

Then let's give Wise a couple of games and seen how he does. If we're not in the top half then perhaps we can turn to Ian Holloway for October. Perhaps Curbishley for November? Then we'll need someone for the January transfer window as we don't want the new man to put up with whatever dross the previous managers have signed.

I think we should stick with Slade for now - but if we're not leading after ten minutes at Millwall then Bloom must act. 35 minutes should be enough time to get Wise down to the dressing room and give the half-time talk.

Then let's give Wise a couple of games and seen how he does. If we're not in the top half then perhaps we can turn to Ian Holloway for October. Perhaps Curbishley for November? Then we'll need someone for the January transfer window as we don't want the new man to put up with whatever dross the previous managers have signed.

I see what you've done there, very clever, very astute. You've left the way clear for Mickey Adams to make a(nother) glorious return in March for our relegation run in. What a triumphant way to bow out of League 1 that would be!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I would give him at least 10+ games ...but I think Bloom will pull the trigger if we lose Friday.[/QUOTE u

I cant see us getting a result at The New Den and if that was the case then Mr Bloom would not pull the trigger.
Russ will get it right,just give him another 4 or 5 games.

I couldnt see us getting a result there last season either.............i am positive this team will click in to place, just hope Slade is given enough time for this to happen.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

It's a results business so no way will Bloom wait til Christmas if we're still losing. Now that is nonsense.

Bloom has not pumped 90 million quid into the club only to see it play in the bottom division. If we lose heavily at Millwall, Slade has probably got another 2 or 3 more games. But like you say, one win and the whole thing could turn round. I hope so because I rate and like Slade. So yes, we must hold our nerve and back him.

But that said, I'm not overly impressed with his activity in the transfer market. I'm very suprised that he hasn't brought in some experience at the back and in midfield. Those should have been his first signings. There is no leadership on the pitch and when things are going against you, that's what you need.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well we are in uncharted territory as regards Mr Blooms actions now he is in sole charge. We have heard that he has wanted to weald the axe in the past, but now he is in control, will he be a "Deadly" Doug Ellis, or more of a Steve Gibson character?

I guess we'll find out if Slade continues to get poor results.

For me, I'd give Slade about 20 matches in total, by then, lady luck should have evened itself up a bit, the players will have more than enough time to understand Slade's tactics and they'll have played a decent cross section of the league, both poor and decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here