Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many games will Slade have to get it right?

How many games will Bloom give Slade to get it right?

• 1 game

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 2 games

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • 3 games

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 4 games

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 5 games

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 6-10+ games

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • He'll be gone before Friday.

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm 100% behind Russell. I wasn't straight after the Huddersfield game admittedly, but after a good amount of reflection and such, i feel i should be supporting him as long as he is here. I hope a lot of you that had become slightly worked up over the last few performances have come to the same conclusion.
However, i'm becoming increasingly worried that his days are numbered. I think all of us have suspected this, but surely there is only so long a man with the ambition of Bloom will stand for these results.
Bearing in mind our next five games are:

Millwall (a)
Wycombe (h)
Carlisle (a)
Southend (h)
Bristol Rovers (a)

Starting from Millwall
How long do you think Bloom will give Slade to get the results we're expecting?

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I would give him at least 10+ games ...but I think Bloom will pull the trigger if we lose Friday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do you mean how many more games we'd given, or how many games into the season i.e. if we say 5 is that counted as the milwall game or in five games' time

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If we lose at millwall i dont expect to see him at the club again, if we draw but lose the next game he will be gone, if we win but lose then lose/draw he'll be gone

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I would give him at least 10+ games ...but I think Bloom will pull the trigger if we lose Friday.[/QUOTE u

I cant see us getting a result at The New Den and if that was the case then Mr Bloom would not pull the trigger.
Russ will get it right,just give him another 4 or 5 games.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
?

To my way of thinking, he hasn't done a lot wrong, so give him until christmas and see where we are. I reckon this season is just a transision period give the players time to gel further strengthen if need be and in for it next year. Mid table mediocraty will suit me this year.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I would give him at least 10+ games ...but I think Bloom will pull the trigger if we lose Friday.[/QUOTE u

I cant see us getting a result at The New Den and if that was the case then Mr Bloom would not pull the trigger.
Russ will get it right,just give him another 4 or 5 games.

I hope your right but Bloom is ruthless and didnt want Russell Slade in the first place

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh shit sorry,
I mean starting from an including Millwall.

Ah, 'k, thanks for clarifying.

I'm saying 6-10+ because I hope the source in the argus was right and bloom is emphatically not thinking of changing the manager at the moment. He needed 7 games to get the team performing last year, and that was with a relatively settled squad.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I Hope he gets 10+ games, I believe it will be corrected by then.

If Bloom has been lining up a replacement behind Slades back, he will go down HUGELY in my estimation. :wrong:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Ah, 'k, thanks for clarifying.

I'm saying 6-10+ because I hope the source in the argus was right and bloom is emphatically not thinking of changing the manager at the moment. He needed 7 games to get the team performing last year, and that was with a relatively settled squad.

I want Slade to stay but the gelling excuse in my view is wrong.Stockport and Huddesfield and Walsall had loads of new players as well

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I want Slade to stay but the gelling excuse in my view is wrong.Stockport and Huddesfield and Walsall had loads of new players as well

Tbf if Whingy hadnt of put in his own net then Walsall would of only picked up a point.
You also cannot blame him for 2 players being sent off,or Fozzy missing a penalty.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Tbf if Whingy hadnt of put in his own net then Walsall would of only picked up a point.
You also cannot blame him for 2 players being sent off,or Fozzy missing a penalty.

Yes but at the end of the day you live or die by the results on pitch maybe Russell Slade used up all his luck last season

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't like the team gelling argument, but I don't think things have clicked. I don't know what it is that needs to happen, whether it's something like an epiphany, or if it's a particular signing (creative midfielder?), or team selection (dicker?), or tactics, or just the confidence of a win.

Something happened around 7 games last time and it all slotted into place. This will, I believe, happen this season too, and while I think the team has had enough time to gell, that just means they're at the point the team were last year when slade joined us, so if they gelled, say, in game two, perhaps we'd need until game 9 for whatever happened last year to happen this year (I hope not that long), is all I mean.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
think if we lose next game at Millwall then lose to WW then the crowd will turn on Slade 1 point after 6 games would be awful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here