Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many CONTINENTS in the World Do You Think There Are?

Continents

Votes: 9 11.5%

Votes: 15 19.2%

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When Antarctica melts and most of Europe floods, it'll drop down to five.

nothing to worry about for a long time though. last i read was that Antarctica is growing, there is a region shrinking, but theres a net increase in ice volume across the continent.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sounds like some of them have read George Orwell's 1984 and thought it was a history book.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought Oceana was a name of a group in the World Cup qualifying stages.

There was a suggestion a while ago that as the Panama Canal actually devides North and South America, then technically they are 2 continents.

Isn't there also Asia and Asia Minor.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I thought North and South America were the same continent.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Oh dear, i'm the only person who has gone for 'other... :jester:

I thought North and Central America were classed as two different continents? Making it 8...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes Ali. Israel are in Europe (tho they are in Asia) because it would KICK OFF big style with teams like Iran/Iraq in the Asia qualification section. And they cant play in Africa with Egypt etc in case they get drawn together.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've always assumed their are seven, but there are only 5 olympic rings which confuses me

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I've always assumed their are seven, but there are only 5 olympic rings which confuses me

Thats because every nation has at least one (mabe more) of those colours in its flags.

Its not to do with continents...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Because of things like the Eurovision song contest etc. Where Russia is in Europe it seems to depend on the event and who cannot play against whom, so the organizers invent a new continent to suit the demographic.
That would be why there is a variation depending on which continent the country themselves consider themselves to be.
When the English ruled there were seven and there hasn't been an improvement since so I'm sticking with the seven I was taught.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
nothing to worry about for a long time though. last i read was that Antarctica is growing, there is a region shrinking, but theres a net increase in ice volume across the continent.

This is because the earth is tilting. One side of the icecaps are melting, the other is growing.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I would go with 7

Asia
Africa
America
Europe
Australasia
Antarctica
Arctica

Surely in antarctic is in the arctic must be there as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here