Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how many clubs are going to go out of business

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
simple question really ,How many clubs are going to go out of business/into administration in the remainder of the season.

seems to me that quite a lot will go bust this season including southend/accrington/hull (according to their own auditors they are not a going concern).

Thank God for Mr Bloom!

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
I can't wait for foreign ownership, too many clubs are gone by greedy english owners who can't balance a book.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In the news reports about Southend there is also mention that Rangers could be possibly heading for administration making the SPL a one horse race instead of two.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Clachnacuddin in the Highland League went into administration today. Formed in 1886 , they are one of the oldest clubs in Scotland. All down to the council putting the rent up on their ground from £400 p.m. to £8,500 p.m.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
In the news reports about Southend there is also mention that Rangers could be possibly heading for administration making the SPL a one horse race instead of two.

Which would surely see them relegated to division three...which is what happened to Livingston isn't it?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Clachnacuddin in the Highland League went into administration today. Formed in 1886 , they are one of the oldest clubs in Scotland. All down to the council putting the rent up on their ground from £400 p.m. to £8,500 p.m.

THE HELL! THats a f***ing piss take! What are they playing at?!?

Thats a twenty fold increace! AND THEN SOME! :censored:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Living in Southend it is incredible the complete apathy there is here surrounding the administration threat.

There was an item on the local "news" last night about it and the vox pop of locals revealed a lot of shrugs and almost universal indifference.

The one or two shrimpers fans in my local (most follow West Ham or Spurs around here, although most claim an "interest" in how Southend are doing) just want the 10 point deduction now so they can just play on to end up mid table...quite sad really. It seems to me that Brighton fans are much more interested in the Albion than they seem to be about their team.

Essex folk are much less interested in their county generally than Sussex people. There is certainly more affiliation with London than there is with their local affairs. I suppose it's because most of them moved out here from the East End in the post war years. Still quite sad though.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
simple question really ,How many clubs are going to go out of business/into administration in the remainder of the season.

seems to me that quite a lot will go bust this season including southend/accrington/hull (according to their own auditors they are not a going concern).

Thank God for Mr Bloom!

Hope he's not a relative of John Bloom who went bust with Rolls Razor in the 1960's.

He made great fridges though, we bought a Prestcold one when I was a kid, it lasted for twenty years! They don't make 'em like that anymore, sadly.:down:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
There's been alot of talk about clubs going out of business. However, it's quite a rare occurence and there's only been a handful of clubs in recent years that's happened to so I doubt if it will happen again this season.

aviaviavioioioi

Sep 29, 2009
Seaford/Brighton
Living in Southend it is incredible the complete apathy there is here surrounding the administration threat.

There was an item on the local "news" last night about it and the vox pop of locals revealed a lot of shrugs and almost universal indifference.

The one or two shrimpers fans in my local (most follow West Ham or Spurs around here, although most claim an "interest" in how Southend are doing) just want the 10 point deduction now so they can just play on to end up mid table...quite sad really. It seems to me that Brighton fans are much more interested in the Albion than they seem to be about their team.

Essex folk are much less interested in their county generally than Sussex people. There is certainly more affiliation with London than there is with their local affairs. I suppose it's because most of them moved out here from the East End in the post war years. Still quite sad though.

80% of southend would be West Ham fans, essex spurs fan's whatever next
those horid spurs fan's get everywhere abit like Chelsea.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Weymouth are likely to be going into administration very soon.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

BBC Look North news said that Hull City owed the banks £22M as of July 2008. Which in Premier League terms isn't a lot.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
hull (according to their own auditors they are not a going concern).

This was the biggest non story ever. I should think about 75% of clubs are technically in accounting terms not a going concern, being almost completely supported financially by only one or two people, and not ongoing profitability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here